Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what could cause one piston side to get hotter than the other? so hot my 93 phazer died the other day in -13C cold?
the fan works although seems a little loud
its oil injected and the hot side plug looks better then the colder side plug so i assume the air/fuel mix is alright plug is golden
can one side be gettin less oil than the other?
its gotten hot on me and died twice this year so im gettin concerned im gonna burn a piston

·
Registered
43 Posts
what could cause one piston side to get hotter than the other? so hot my 93 phazer died the other day in -13C cold?
its oil injected and the hot side plug looks better then the colder side plug so i assume the air/fuel mix is alright plug is golden
its gotten hot on me and died twice this year so im gettin concerned im gonna burn a piston[/b]
might want too check that oil line and also the fan shouldn't be loud check the belt and fan blades I have a 90 phazer that runs good even in plus temps good luck

·
Registered
193 Posts
its gotten hot on me and died twice this year so im gettin concerned im gonna burn a piston[/b]
bad crank seal,use starting fluid by seal see if it rev's, do a compresion test, clogged carb ,main, pilot, on the less oil thing still check but you say your burning good (light brown) if it's burning good it's getting oil, the plug will let you know in a hurry if it's running lean with one run around the track.also check your spark you mite not be running one both cylinders.Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts