Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out on the trail two nights ago, and the tail light was working on my 86 phazer, the trails were not groomed, and even if they were it would still be a bumpy ride through the forest twisties..... some where in there the taillight stopped working, i took out the bulb and put a new one in, and it turns out the old bulb was still good to my surprise, so now i have a spare, i took off the seat to check for pinched wires..... they look fine.... where would my problem be? is it alright to use a fluke volt meter in the rear socket to test for voltage? maybe the voltage limter is ####ed up tho, my headlight is fine, i need to fix this before saturday....

Also read somewhere that there is a switch up by the handle bars for the tail light?.......... is there?

thanks

asap replies please.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd just take some fine sandpaper and scuff it around the inside of the light bulb socket. Also, clean the contacts in the plug that's under the seat. Get alot of moisture under the seat and the contacts in the plug tend to corrode too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd just take some fine sandpaper and scuff it around the inside of the light bulb socket. Also, clean the contacts in the plug that's under the seat. Get alot of moisture under the seat and the contacts in the plug tend to corrode too.[/b]

I jerry rigged teh wiring under the seat, its 3 seperate wires but no plug anymore, jsut goes strait to whereever it supposed to go..... its a good lookin jerry rig, none of that half ### stuff....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts