Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard some good things about the new yamaha phazers but when i started serching o the net I found that there is an overheating issue, an ice build up issue and some other reliaility issues.

Does anyone know if these problems have been fixed with the 2008 models?

And, are others having the same problems or would you reccommend I buy one of these.

I am looking for a good second sled.

Any feedback is appreciated. My other option would be a free style but I would prefer to go with the phazer if I get good feedback.

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Usually the overheating issue was because of the front rad getting plugged up with ice and snow, there is a nice guard that I have seen available that stops the snow from building up, I am not sure what they have done with ice build up problem.............

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am a proud owner of a 07 yamaha phazer I am 18 and let me tell you this I beat the #### outa that thing and am all about the backcountry and jumps. The overheating problem has only happened to me when i let it idle for a long time or putts around really really slow. the snow an ice buildup isn't that big of a deal i just made it part of my routine is cleanin the snow an ice up after i get done ridin and it won't bother you at all but that thing is the best ride i have ever riddin and i have rode pretty much any sled worth buyin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
if your talking about the ice buildup problems on the running boards they made plastic covers to stop this problem and iv herd they installed a small fan to stop this machine from overheating. almost everyone that i talked to that owned a phazer said there wicked for riding trails and flying over bumps but there not built to go 100 mph and if you want something to go 100 mph dont buy the phazer buy a nytro or buy a phazer with turbo but if you wants to fly through trail and stuff and you dont care about going that fast this is the machine for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also own an 07 phazer and that is exactly what I'm doing. I usually ride with a buddy who has an 05 sabercat 700 and its around 140hp. If I had 140Hp from a turbo in my phazer along with the performace & epi clutch kit not only will you keep up but on the trails the Maneuverability and handling will let you glide around corners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts