Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the last day that I was able to ride, and it wasn't that great, but my dad got a great picture of me. The sled is so light and I weigh about 145, and when I pinned the throttle, the skis came up and man was it a great feeling!!!
check it out!

[attachment=35762:av_26772.jpg]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
You already know I love your sled.. and you look great on it as well !! Nice Pic Frank !

Snow4

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You already know I love your sled.. and you look great on it as well !! Nice Pic Frank !

Snow4[/b]
Thanks, have you ever thought about updating your pannels of your 500ss?

-Frank

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Thanks, have you ever thought about updating your pannels of your 500ss?

-Frank[/b]
Not really....They are just custom unique 05's but clear coating them is in the real near future.
[attachment=35773:05_ss__red.jpg][attachment=35775:4_1_2007_06.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
skid plate makes your sled look great, im getting a black one for mine. what was it like putting it on??

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
skid plate makes your sled look great, im getting a black one for mine. what was it like putting it on??[/b]
I have heard the zx chasis is fairly simple. :thumbsup:

Snow4

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Great looking sled and you are right, they are suprisingly torquey.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
skid plate makes your sled look great, im getting a black one for mine. what was it like putting it on??[/b]
They were such a pain putting them on! :cussing:
Me and my dad had to use a rivet gun, and the rivets were so large, and we actually broke the original rivet gun that we had trying to put it on, and then, after we got a new one, it worked perfectly. Definetly go with the holeshot skidplates, they look great and even though the rivets were tough, it was definetly worth the time!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
500ss is great on hardpack!! Here is a pic of me onmy wifes at the end of last year. The ski's really came up!![/b]
Now that is some ski lift!!!
How were you able to do that?

thanks,
-Frank

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

thanks,
-Frank[/b]
i wish i had a pic of some of mine from last year, one day a firned and i were messing around and adjusted for max and i mean max traner on my sled, i had the thing vertical and if i wouldn't have let of the throttle i would have flipped the thing over, it was awesome.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
They were such a pain putting them on! :cussing:
Me and my dad had to use a rivet gun, and the rivets were so large, and we actually broke the original rivet gun that we had trying to put it on, and then, after we got a new one, it worked perfectly. Definetly go with the holeshot skidplates, they look great and even though the rivets were tough, it was definetly worth the time![/b]
I remember snowmutt saying something about how he had to be careful not to rivot into something when he put our skid plates on, but I also remember him saying the Zx chasis was very simple to do. Aren't you putting yours on a Zx chasis Citation?

Crnsuperduty, That's a great pic ! Love it ! :thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
On those skid plates I always use bolts up front and sheet metal screws in the back so I can take them off when I need to. On the rev's you need to be carefull to not drill into your colant line in the bellypan. The colant line is about 3/4" up off the bottom of the belly.I take and make it so you cant drill it to deep by putting some tape on the bit for a gage , just enough to get through the bellypan. ZX's are easier than the rev but still need to watch it.

There's been alot of people that had there day ruined by drilling to deep and tagging the line. Now instead of put a plate on they have to yank the motor to fix the line, sure would be a bummer to have that happen on a new sled!.

mutt

·
Registered
903 Posts

thanks,
-Frank[/b]
Loosen the limiter strap and adjust coupling blocks to the thinnest side.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On those skid plates I always use bolts up front and sheet metal screws in the back so I can take them off when I need to. On the rev's you need to be carefull to not drill into your colant line in the bellypan. The colant line is about 3/4" up off the bottom of the belly.I take and make it so you cant drill it to deep by putting some tape on the bit for a gage , just enough to get through the bellypan. ZX's are easier than the rev but still need to watch it.

There's been alot of people that had there day ruined by drilling to deep and tagging the line. Now instead of put a plate on they have to yank the motor to fix the line, sure would be a bummer to have that happen on a new sled!.

mutt[/b]
we first drilled into the underpart of the sled and checked to see if we had drilled into anyrhing important before we rivited.
-Frank

·
Registered
335 Posts
Shoot, my wife's 03'550fan will lift the skiis on hardpack...Actually IT does and my 98' formula 3 700 triple won't :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts