Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be getting a moto/snocross helmet for next year and was wondering how you choose a helmet. i need to know because i dont want to get one that wont be warm enough.
I am asking now because i noticed royal is having a spring sale and might be going so i want to pick some stuff up including a helmet and goggles,

thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think one of the biggest things for a snowcross helmet to be warm is having the goggles fill the opening, and then a nose deflector to cover below the goggles. I have the cheap HJC moto-x with Scott turbo flows and they never fog. I haven't gotten the bottom piece for the nose/breath deflector so on the cold days I have to switch to a full face. Some of the helmets designed for sno-x do a really good job deflecting wind.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you get the ATV-MX-STREET royal catologue? if so go to page 66 and look at the momentum helmet, thats the one i want. and on page 91 theres progrip 3500 LS goggles and i want those as well.. is that a good combo??

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quick question, the sale royals having, no pst no gst, is that for everything in the store??

·
Registered
593 Posts
quick question, the sale royals having, no pst no gst, is that for everything in the store??[/b]
I don't have the summer book with me here (only the winter) but i think i found it. The sale is for anything they have instore. My friend has the progrip 3400 light sensitives for the summer time and they work well. Those 3500 look nice, just try them on with the helmet and see how it fits together.
Oh, and don't expect miracles from the light sensitive lense (if thats what your getting). They do change but I didn't find it to be very drastic.

·
Registered
795 Posts
This weekend is also the grand opening of the new Barrie store. There should be lots of good sales plus no tax. w00t w00t w00t :thumbsup: I am going on Saturday, I am going tobe like a little kid in a toy store :crazy:

·
Registered
465 Posts
You guys are gonna laugh I buy a new mx helmet every year! :lmao:
Heres what I have NOW!!! HJC AC-X3 AGENT w/ Spy blizzard goggles!
May have to keep this one another season!!! :thumbsup: -Dave[/b]
the helmet looks killer, and if anybody wants a good goggle, get the oakley Crowbar snowcross goggles, they work fantastic!

SLeDHeaDDude800, how much did that helmet cost you?

-Frank

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya im going to the sale this saturday, my list has a few things on it but im sure it will get bigger as i am in the store.

·
Registered
465 Posts
make sure your first accy for the helmet is a good baclava and a quick strap for the goggles[/b]
true statement my friend.......
also make sure that the goggle has a thick layer of foam , and covers all of the exposed parts of the helmet.

-Frank

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im think im going to wait till fall to get a helmet, they had all their spring/summer stuff out and it was just to hard to pick a good one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts