Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Nice looking sled...you're probably one of the first to get some riding done on the new f-series...what do you think of it??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty damn awesome....lots of snap...tried to take it easy before she's broke in. Hard to judge suspension riding up and down a field....felt great though!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
??? Sabercat how many studs did you put in your sno pro F7. Im buying a 04 firecat next year and if they come out with a sno pro package I want to know how many studs to put on a 1.375 track. Thanks man!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Nice machine but I have to ask one question.

Did you check tunnel clearence before you installed them studs? By the looks of the pattern you have the very center stuuds too close together. This will cause them to tear through the tunnel. I am familiar with the tunnel design on the firecats and have witness this many times.
Did you get a studding template from woodys or cat for the new firecats?

I don't have exact measurement but off the top of my thick head , you have only about three inches of space on each side of the inner belt to install studs and that is measured from the track windows in.

If you look up under the tunnel you will see 2 ,about 3 to 4 inch wide, channels . this is were you must line your studds up with and anywere else the studds will contact the tunnel.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by SNORAT@Nov 3 2002, 06:01 PM
Nice machine but I have to ask one question.

Did you check tunnel clearence before you installed them studs? By the looks of the pattern you have the very center stuuds too close together. This will cause them to tear through the tunnel. I am familiar with the tunnel design on the firecats and have witness this many times.
Did you get a studding template from woodys or cat for the new firecats?

I don't have exact measurement but off the top of my thick head , you have only about three inches of space on each side of the inner belt to install studs and that is measured from the track windows in.

If you look up under the tunnel you will see 2 ,about 3 to 4 inch wide, channels . this is were you must line your studds up with and anywere else the studds will contact the tunnel.
the pattern that he used is one of the new woodys patterns for the firecat, you do have enought clearance on the middle support beam, i was worried at first also, but then realize when you look at the distance between the studs points rather than the base.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank Dave!!Couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, it is the Woodys pattern and they do clear the center of the tunnel. As a matter of fact, in a previos post I had mentioned installing a thicker tunnel protector down the middle for a safety precaution....it's for a '97 zr chassis. This was recommended directly from Cat.

·
Registered
959 Posts
man i am SOOO jelous that is a fine lookin sled you got

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It definitely rips on the bottom end!!!! Haven't rode her too hard though....got to break her in first!!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm a doo man to the bone but i have to say that is one mean looking sled,i wish bomber would give us a sled that cool looking.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts