Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I think we have all been in that situation. Pickin yourself up and pullin snow out of your helmet with a little bit of a red face. Its lots of fun other than the landing.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the storm we had in cochrane.lasted 2 days and they closed down hwy 11.My sled is the one in the background that you can barely see.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've heard that tapping the brakes will bring your front end down in a jump.  I've tried it a few times and haven't noticed it working.  Does this have to be a Blair Morgan 40' jump to make this work??  Or will this work with short field approach jumps too??  Also, why does this work???

·
Registered
357 Posts
yes, it does work, on my machine anyways, also if your front end is going down to much give it gas or keep on with gas, it will work.  here is my friend on his arctic cat who doesn't know how to jump.

·
Registered
357 Posts
this is my friend cam that knows how to jump on the same jump, unless it is just that crappy cat that my other friend is on, I know how to jump to, i am just the #### camera man and I don't get no pics takin of me, lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
notice, on the arctic cat, there is no snowflap nor bumper, thus from jumping wrong and landing on it, the peice of crap plastic bumper falls off, lol

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Tapping the brake in the air has drastic effects on your trajectory...if you clamp down too hard...she'll nosedive you to china

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I too have had the rear bumper break off one of my Cats after a huge tailstand off an approach.I was kinda disgusted at first then thought about it. If it were metal it wouldn't have broke and probably would have bent the tunnel so I was kinda glad for that cheap plastic back there.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The plastic bumper was also ripped off my '01 ZR, but not by jumping....my buddy decided I was a better target than a grooomer...cracked the hood on his brand new ProX 600.  lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts