Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ambitions of wanting to be the next Dennis Eckstrom!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Nice pic...sled looks good
 lets get those skis higher to make it look good!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
last one for tonight

·
Registered
530 Posts
NIce pics.  I really have to get my pictures scanned of my trip to Cable Wis.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
DJ Eckstrom practices near my house.  Maybe you could track him down and get some tips!
I saw his semi coming into town 2 or 3 weeks ago.  Most the snow was already gone.  Don't know how he was practicing.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Jumping sleds off snowbanks is awesome. I just wonder why I always see people jumping off the snow onto a plowed road or driveway? Don't you want to land it on the snow where its easier on you and the sled? You can usually jump banks the other way and land in the snow. If the bank is too steep then grab a shovel and fix it or try a different spot. I hate the sound of carbides slapping the road, it gives my shivers. And yes I jump stuff. I've jumped a road snowbank to snowbank before and landed so soft it dodnt even bottom out the suspension (and its not set very stiffly). Its all in the spot that you find. Well thats my rant! But its your sled, do what ever jiggles your jello.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RNM2399 @ April 10, 2002, 6:04pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jumping sleds off snowbanks is awesome. I just wonder why I always see people jumping off the snow onto a plowed road or driveway? Don't you want to land it on the snow where its easier on you and the sled? You can usually jump banks the other way and land in the snow. If the bank is too steep then grab a shovel and fix it or try a different spot. I hate the sound of carbides slapping the road, it gives my shivers. And yes I jump stuff. I've jumped a road snowbank to snowbank before and landed so soft it dodnt even bottom out the suspension (and its not set very stiffly). Its all in the spot that you find. Well thats my rant! But its your sled, do what ever jiggles your jello.[/b][/quote]
With this season wich ever way you jump there is now snow !  
 your lucky if you even find a snow bank to jump  
 But i agree with you 100% if your gonna jump land in the soft stuff...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RNM2399~  I hate it too!  I was at school today and some of my buddies were like "I jump over snow banks and land on the tar!"  I can't imagine what it would be like.  I haven't ever done it.  If you are/were thinking I was jumping on a road or driveway, I was not!  It does look like it but I wasn't.  I was jumping into the ditch.  

Performancex~  WHAT!  Buddy ol' pal,  do you know him personally?  That is awesome!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Nah, Screamer, I don't know him.  Before the Black Magic SnoX I saw an article about the races and it said that Eckstrom practices in my town.  I've only lived there 6  months, so I have no idea yet where there's any kind of snoX track.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's all good RNM.  Those pics are very deceiving!  

Sportx~  Gosh, that'd really suck!  Were you ok?  Was the sled ok?  

1 - 16 of 16 Posts