Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen pictures posted in forums that overlap the text of the next reply. Last night, I posted a 499 wide by 400 tall picture and it did this as well. In fact the only way I could view the next reply was to reply myself and read the text in that frame. One of the guys noted that he thought it might be a Netscape thing (I do use Netscape, but I also have MS internet explorer online concurrently). What's up with this?

Thanks,
Doug

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Roton @ Jan. 18 2002, 11:24am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One of the guys noted that he thought it might be a Netscape thing[/b][/quote]
And whoever said that was right!

Netscape absolutely hates lineheight attribute tags and gets confused a tad when they appear in the html of the page. It ignores the tag when there isn't any pictures in the post but goes bonkers as soon as it sees the tag AND an image at the same time.

A quick search on the forums would show that I am aware of this issue and have fixed it in the past. Problem is that I keep forgetting about it every time I upload an upgrade to the forum software. You would think by now I would remember this, but thankfully the few Netscape users that are out there keep me on my toes.

I have corrected the problem (again  
) and made a little note to remind me about it in future upgrades. That is not to say that I won't completely forget about it the next time though, so if you Netscape guys see it again, just pop me a message.

On another note, Netscape users should at least consider using IE instead. The forum code has been extensively optimized for IE and will appear much, much cleaner, not to mention the pages will load 20% faster. I know there are users that simply want to use Netscape PERIOD, but I would recommend taking another look at IE just for the heck of it.

Either way, I apologize to our Netscape users for not catching this issue sooner.

Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Corey. I'll just use IE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts