Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to post pictures but it does not seem to be working.  When I copy the picture from a file and got to past the picture, the "PASTE" item will not light up.  The only item that lights up is ( UNDO, DELETE).  Where am I going wrong.

GLH

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If the pic is in your computer files use the browser attachment if it is already on your web site on the net. open a new window with out closing SW then go to your site and right click on the pic and left click properties, highlight the address and right click and copie the address. go to the site you have your reply started on and past it in between the img tags.  Be sure not to preview the pic or it will not work.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
If you posting a picture that is ON the Internet, just place the img tags around the URL: For example, it would look like this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
[/code]

When inserting an image that is on the Internet, you DO NOT use the upload feature near the bottom of the page.

The upoad image feature is only used if the image resides on your computer locally. In that case, use the browse button to find your image, the POST your message. As long as the image you are trying to upload is LESS than 100 KB it will work.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
354 Posts
How do I "shrink" the file size of my digi photos? I took a couple of my sled and loaded them into my computer. The smallest file is 540k. I have some cool shots but have no idea how to downsize them and will the clarity and quality suffer if they are altered?

·
Registered
354 Posts
How do I "shrink" the file size of my digi photos? I took a couple of my sled and loaded them into my computer. The smallest file is 540k. I have some cool shots but have no idea how to downsize them and will the clarity and quality suffer if they are altered?

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vtjq @ July 23, 2002, 6:05pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do I "shrink" the file size of my digi photos? I took a couple of my sled and loaded them into my computer. The smallest file is 540k. I have some cool shots but have no idea how to downsize them and will the clarity and quality suffer if they are altered?[/b][/quote]
Use a graphics program to optimize the file for size. This can be done with minimal quality loss to the image.

There are a huge variety of programs you can use, some free, some not. I personally use Macromedia Fireworks, but others use Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, etc.

Try going to Hotfilesand enter graphics optimization in the search box.

If all else fails, email it to me and I will optimize it for you and email it back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts