Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rewind broke the other day when i was trying to start my sled up(96 Formula S). I had trouble with it last year. So I took it apart and I found that there was a plastic peice broken so I took it out and got the part for it. I came to fix it and I somehow pulled out the big spring that brings the cord back in. I have noticed this is a ***** to put back in. Is there any tool or easier way to put it back in. If not I am just going to take it to the ski-doo dealer in Swan River Friday, Thanks in advance

Joshua

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I went to Bill's for a broken rewind 2 years ago. My advice, just buy a new spring. They are fairly cheap, and that's what the dealer is going to do anyway. Make sure all the parts in your rewind are in good shape and you shouldn't have any more trouble.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yeah,...the big spring at the back of the recoil. Looks like a watch spring. What I'm saying is, just buy another one instead of trying to put it back in..its not worth the hassle ;)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have done a few recoils and its a pain, i did alot of cursing but always got them back together, that was polaris recoils. :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
once you see it done its not hard to do and only takes 1- 2 mins to wind the spring back in, helps to have strong fingers(which i dont...lol)basically take the hook and put it in the rewind(hooks onto the black cover) ,and then just start pressing in to place in a circular motion ,keep pressing it in while holding the spring down,just keep winding it into place,the last little bit is the hard part on the hands,just make sure you keep pressure on the spring that is in place at all times untill its all wound in,it wont take long to get the hang of it :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts