Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what will work best with ported motor:exh.restrictor or dynoportpipe?
I already have RKT head,boeysen,reedspacers.

·
Registered
556 Posts
NIETHER !!!!  If you put the restrictor in you will melt that thing down before you get to the end of the driveway, If you put the dynoport single on you will loose h.p.  P.S. who did the porting. Don emery ported my 01 800, their are only a few things that work with that motor ported atleast on the dyno. I lost 4 hp with the dynoport single with my port work compared to the stock pipe, also what rpm are you running it at after the port work, what base gasket are you running and what are you running for mains.

·
Registered
38 Posts
rst8
Have you tried Greg at Jaws?As far as I know he makes a set of pipes for the 800 but the engine has to be ported for them to work.I have a set on my 700 and after spending a bunch of money on others( with very poor results)I'm glad I switched.GiveGreg a call or check out his web site he'll fix you up.

www.jawsperformance.com
                                            Greygoat

·
Registered
288 Posts
Speed is everything, just wondered where your info about the exhaust restricter is coming from as we have hundreds of restricters in the field in the Ski Doo 700's and 800's and haven't seen a burn down problem at all.  --  Bill

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey bill whats up !! I was told by don emery that this would cause a temp problem putting the restrictor in a ported motor. I was going to try one but he warned me that he has seen problems with this. It makes sense since the restrictor actually restricts the air coming out of the motor increasing the motor and pipe temp. The stock pipe works great with a ported motor no need to restrict the air flow after its been ported.  I have heard good things about the restrictor on stockers though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts