Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for those that said the twins are real finicky.are the sleds your refering to running dpm?

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow,there were so many people to jump on the bandwagon about twin pipes not working(on the 700) I thought I would get something on this post.only other sled I know about is kid rockers sled and it does not have dpm.our piped sled does have. I was thinking this is why they seem to think the twins require to much jetting to maintain performance.please guys give us some info,not just they don't work.I am just trying to figure out how we have them working great ,with no problems, and others seem to have trouble getting the performance they like to last without tweeking constantly.

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will bring this to the top one last time and try and get some feedback.

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as for the pipes,I love the power.they are really not the best for the trail,IMO.but for just flat out running on the lake I would take the twin pipes over the stock one any day.as for porting I do not have any internal mods on these sleds,other than reeds if you want to call them internal.all they have is jetting, clutching ,and one is piped,crankshops of course.Idooski I could not imagine this topic going untouched by all the people that said they had twins that did not work.

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I let kidrocker off the hook, because we talked about this at the bbq.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I had twins on the ol 800 last year. They made allot of bacon upstairs, but was not happy with the loss of bottom end. They really need the porting and flow work to go along with it. IMHO. Mine made some great MPH, Stick with a Stock TCat accross the lake, but it really sucked in the woods. And running 540mj that really sucked the gas!!

It can be done with good gains. I know a couple of guys running mid 150s and even close to 160, but it takes allot of work. It isn't for me. At least not a trail sled. Now that I have the Mach, I can dedicate the MXZ to what it is best at. Hrad trail riding.

I have a re-shaped head, boyseen reeds (soon) and clutching. Then I will just let'er eat and hit the bumps. It is a light sled that handles great, and that is what I will leave mine as.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am all for the crankshop twins on the 800.  I never changed jets.  Once we dialed it in we left it alone.  The sled ran flawless all season. One important factor was the tuning in the beginning.  SWe learned alot about the sled and once we got CLOSE we left it.  Sled had great bottom end and great top.  Just had to know how to put it down.

GLH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts