Snowmobile World banner

Pipes for 2002 800xc

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jackpinesavage 
#1 ·
I was wondering what pipes to throw on my sled.  I have been looking at psi,slp and hot set.  Are the pipes from these three manufactures pretty close in performance gains or is one better than the other.  Any info would be great thanks.

#2 ·
Check out the winter issue of Snowtech magazine.  It has all the breakdowns on the SLP single and twin pipes for the 2002 polaris 800 twin.
They claim 149.9 HP @7900 rpm with the single pipe (vs. 136.9 HP @7800 rpm stock)  This also includes a high flow SLP airbox mod kid, $17.95.
Twin pipes claim 157.3 HP @ 7900 rpm.  The only drawback to the twin pipes is they increase the compression so much you either have to replace the stock head or use race gas/octane boost every fill up.
Hope this helps.

#3 ·
I got a set of Dyno Port twin pipes for my 800 they claim a 14 hp increase over stock. While the Dyno Ports do not claim as much hp as the other brands I think they sound a little better. I have had Dyno Port pipes in the past thats why I went with them again. No matter what you go with I don't think you will be dissapointed. I have no complaints with my pipes they made a noticable difference on my 800.

#4 ·
Be careful who you go with I have a freind who bought the PSI pipes and he is having problems trying to figure out the right set up! his sled was faster stock! I can out run his 800 with the psi pipes with my prox 600 up to 90mph?
He was out running me the first of the year when he was stock?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.