Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed down the choices to two, and now that power inc is no more there are only 2 available for the stock srx. :)
A shop in town has tried both the hauck (hushers) and the aaen pipe and likes both of them.   The aaen pipe is supposed to make more power in the bottom end and midrange while the top end is basically stock.  Not to sure on the hauck pipe.  

The 10 hp isnt the only thing, the 25lb weight loss from the aaen is the other good reason for buying them, hauck claims 22 lbs and a 14-15 hp increase.  The aaen runs basically stock and the hauck need a cdi box and runs at a higher rpm.  Has anyone tried any of these pipes, and suggest if either is good or bad?

Also the aaen pipe is noticeably cheaper than the hauck.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Aaen pipes on my '02 SRX and are very satisfied with their performance. The weight savings alone will be very noticeable to you when take them on the trail. I would favor the Aaen's for my type of riding - aggressive trail rather than lake running. On the trails, the Aaen's low end/mid range responsiveness are more useful than extra power on the top end would be. Aaen's technical assistance is great - they will suggest clutching options with you to start and don't get tired of hearing from you as you dial-in your sled to you style and weight and riding conditions. I've talked with Olav Aaen on several occasions and he is one of the most respected and knowledgeable people on clutching and piping today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts