Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for more of a quieter pipe on a 07 800ho renagade, will i notice the power and the weight savings or not???

·
Registered
354 Posts
looking for more of a quieter pipe on a 07 800ho renagade, will i notice the power and the weight savings or not???[/b]

I'd have to do some looking on that, not sure what you want, Check Denniskirk.com

The thing with pipes is you have to usually clutch it and jet the carbs to accomodate for more air flow etc.... they are picky with out side temp variations, so it takes some time to set up, not to mention altitude you would be riding at...... if you were to stay at higher altitudes or go on some trails at lower elevations it would have to be tuned for the best performance each time you switch it up......

·
Registered
354 Posts
maybe i should add just a silencer[/b]

I see you have this topic posted in two areas..... as for the silencer..... i guess its personal preference, ask a dealer what they think and what they recomend.... why would you want to make it quieter tho? mountain sleds sound awesome when they have loud pipes echoing through the valley.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have a hearing problem, don't want it to get worse. I would not mine if it was a little louder. Just wanted to know if you would notice the wieght saving or the power or is it not worth it if you don't want it louder.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I have not seen an aftermarket can make less noise. they are made from lighter material with less sound deadening material.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts