Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to Bergland on the 1st of January, does anyone think we will have a problem finding snow that early? Had to get at least 1 trip in before baby #2 comes in Feb.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Absolutely not!!! Everything is freezing up nicely and they are already getting snow! Unless there is a huge thaw, you should be fine. I am planning on heading up Dec. 1!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I talk to the lady that we booked with and she said the Lake is freezing in the bays and They 1-2" of snow already and they are expecting some lake effect fot the next week! We usally go in Feb and March but decided to go early cause everyone's got new sleds and Of course the baby thing!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey boots! I'm planning on doing the same thing before baby #1!
I'm planning on meeting a friend up there, but probably end of Jan or begining of Feb.
I'm not sure where Bergland is,but we're probably going to the East side near the Soo or somewhere.
I've read good reports already. Like Bladeguy said, everything is freezing and they're getting snow and it's suppose to be cold again all next week!
Check out John Dee's Winter weather website for the midwest. He lives in the UP near Houghton/Han####. Good website!
SWRules
Have fun!! :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bergland is right on Lake Goebic, we are usally at the Hoop n Hollar. We stay at the Walley Lodge!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Is there many places to stay in the UP?? Im in Maine, but me and my friend want to plan a trip to go there. Any info on where to stay and ride??

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sled Crazy, just do a search for Lake Goebic there are a lot of resorts right on the lake, and there is miles and miles of trails to go through! The last couple trips we went on the weekends and the trails got HORRIBLE late in the day ( EXTERMELY BUMPY), so I would suggest going in the middle of the week!

·
Registered
310 Posts
OK, thnx for the info! :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Me and a few of my budies are going in mid feb. There is alot of great fast trails in that area not to mention the lake. We always go from bergland all the way up to copper harbor. We did it one time in one day! talk about fast company!

·
Registered
190 Posts
5 of us are going in Jan. 15th. This is our first time up to the U.P. We are staying in Hurley and hoping to do alot of riding. Any idea's of a good long trail or route to take would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts