Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have acquired some very light scratchs/blemishes, possibly from the underside of the cover.  Is there a good plastic polish or some other product that would help remove and clean this up somewhat, as this is a really nice green chrome windshield.  

IOW...what's the best and where can you get it.

Thanks for any and all replies

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The best way to get rid of it as much as possible is to use a good glass cleaner followed but a application of Pledge lemon scent wood cleaner.

You spray the pledge and rub it on very fast with a clean cloth.  It will shine.  Do it to your whole sled.  However what you have on your windshild is burn marks and even though pledge can help hide it, it will never return to the deep black that it once was.

I recommend you use a baby blanket inbetween your tarp and sled or buy a super cover from bombardier that has a foam over the windsheild and sled area.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
There are some products I've used on the plexiglass for instrument panels in cars that did a really good job.  I can't remeber the name of the product off the top of my head but I will see if we still have some and get you the name if we do.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I use Novus plexiglass polish,I get it at the paint and body counter at the local Sanel auto parts.
Stuff is awesome,about $7.00 for a bottle.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I use Mothers car polish, works for me.........

·
Registered
660 Posts
Without a doubt, use Nu-tone on all your plastic and fiberglass. I was very sceptical about this product at first because it was so cheap (about 10 buck for 500ml) but it has been the best #### polish for the hood I have ever used.
Makes your hood look better than showroom. It glides right off your stickers and it does not stain the black plastic like car waxes do.

PS have not tried it yet on windshield but I know it does not leave streaks.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Liquid 600-don't know about colored windshields,never had one honestly,good question.
Anybody else try it on coloured shields?
I'll ask around,if I get any feedback I'll post it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Acritic cat makes a scratch remove / plastic polish.  You can get it at your dealer.  I'm sure it's not the cheapest but it works pretty good.  Look for any type of plastic polish that will remove some minor scratchs.  I also heard that the Honda plastic polish works well also.  Look in any motorcylce shop that sells sport bikes.  They sell it to polish the plastic farings on the bikes.
As far as preventing scratchs, Arctic Cat sells an under cover for like $20 I think.  It's a soft cotton cloth with two elastic cords and hooks to hook it to running boards or footwells.  It works very well.  It cover the entire hood and windshield.  The only problem they are white and they get dirty easily, but you can throw them in the wash.  Good Luck

P.S.  The pledge idea is great.  I started using it last year.  I heard this is an old show secret.  A lot of people that show snowmobiles, bikes, hot rods use pledge.  I keep a can in the box I take with me riding.  I don't have an enclosed trailer, so when I uncover my sled when we get to our destination, I whip out the pledge and shine it up.  I takes like two minutes.  I use it after rides also and clean the exterior up before covering it.  Makes the sled look great and helps protect it also.  The only downfall is that it will freeze at some point.  I remember in Ontario I tried it one time and as soon as it hit the sled that had been sitting out all nite, it froze.  That is not too common though.  Works great 99% of the time.

Z

·
0 Posts
Novus works great on all color windshields.   They make a kit that has #1 Heavy Scratches, #2Light Scratches, and #3Fine Polish in it.    I use Novus then I use Zymol Wax!  I don't think there is anything better for a sled than Zymol Wax.   In between Waxing,  I use Honda Pro Polish!   Makes your sleds look like a Million Bucks!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there a manufacturer's name or website for the Novus product.  It is much easier sometimes to locate dealers thru the website rather than running all over town.  Appreciate any help on website.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts