Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a set of plastic skis for my wife's '97 Indy Trail to replace the stock steel skis. Can anyone point me in the right direction? About how much should I spend?

·
Registered
216 Posts
The polaris composite skis are pretty cool and you can get them in different colors, Check E-bay, there are a couple auctions going on for these colored skis. I think i saw blue and red and black. Search under sporting goods catagory and then go to snowmobiling,then to polaris to cut down on the search time. you can go further and specify skis also,but try different spelling,sometimes it's spelled different by accident. Brand new they are about 125$ apiece but you might pind a pair for that price if your lucky. good luck

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yes, do a search of the topics for simmons and look at the posts I have written about them... I have seen them on a 2001 edge 600, 1992 440 sport, 2000 RMK 600, mid 90s AC jag, MXZ, and a ZL 600 with a D&D 720 Bigbore. Everyone I know that has them loves them. These are all people I ride with, and I have them on my sled.... PM me if you have any more questions.

Here are some links to the most recent ones

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great info UPrider, thanks! Looks like I'll be breaking open the piggy bank... sounds like it'll be worth it. :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you are on a budjet you will need to stay away from the duel runner skis. You will need to buy 2 sets of runners instead of 1. I do not think that the any of the plastic skis come with runners? Another issue would be is, will the wear bars from the stock skis fit the new skis?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The dual runner skis will outperform factory skis and reduce/eliminate darting. If your on a budget the factory plastic skis are a very nice upgrade from the stock steel ones.
:)
Rick.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've found a place on the net out of colorado that will sell you simmons skis for $350 plus shipping... that is the basic black with one cutting carbide on the innside runner, and the flat carbide on the outer runner of each ski. That is the setup I run and it is fine unless you have an obscene amount of studs. I have never dealt with the guy personally, it is just a bit of contact info that I have run across on another forum, PM me and I will send it to you. The price is cheaper than what I paid for mine, that is why I kept the contact info.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot

:withstupid: simmons, simmons, simmons

1 - 11 of 11 Posts