Snowmobile World banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need your help again. I have a pair of plastic skis, on one ski there is a number: 572-1011-00, on the other is: 505-070-172. They are the exact same skis. Just curious what they went to and what carbides i should use on them. I can get a pic tommorow if that would help.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hey guys, need your help again. I have a pair of plastic skis, on one ski there is a number: 572-1011-00, on the other is: 505-070-172. They are the exact same skis. Just curious what they went to and what carbides i should use on them. I can get a pic tommorow if that would help.[/b]
A pic would help , if you have the old ones(bars) you might be able to match them up. Those no# are weird, normally the left and right are the same no# except the last couple . ie 572-1011-00 and 01. Might of been the same ski but differant yr or something.

mutt

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont have the old carbides, ask idooski, i got them from him. I asked him where they came from but no reply yet. Ill get a pic tommorow after school and maybe after i mow the lawn, (hopefully for the last time this year).

the ski with the number 505-070 had an easy steer thing on it with the exact same #'s except for the last 3.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Are these just the flex skis? I think that easy steer one is the one I gave him a year or so ago. If they are just the flex ski's then there is a guy on Ebay selling some pretty cheap, they are a thinner rod but they hold up well.

Those skis went to every doo. just bushings and shoe mods to make.

EDIT****

yep the one # is for a flex ski. Always ask the seller if they fit a flex ski, get it in writing (well email) :wink:

CLICK
CLICK

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, idooski replied back and said the carbides for a 98 mxz will fit it. Ill still get pics today though.

Ill buy new carbides off of DK when i buy the other stuff i need (track clips, window clips etc.). Not a big fan of ebay.

·
Registered
443 Posts
plastic skis, nice touch.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, im hoping it will help some, this sled gets stuck easily. And it will help with the weight, (not like its a big ussue, just ask mxzwfo, puree, idooski, and snow prowler LOL)

·
Registered
443 Posts
lol, i know what you mean, i can lift my citation right over my head if i wanted to. so easy to get it unstuck, just throw the backend one way and away you go.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep, thats EXACTLY what i do. Pick up the back end, move it aprox. 2 feet to the side and give her a lot of gas and bam, you're unstuck.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, heres the pics if you still need them. Another question, what loops do i buy for it? Any that use the style on these skis?

#'s

they look like they are diff. sizes but they arent, they are leaning.

bottom of one

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah, i have one easy steer plate, if anyone wants it let me know, i feel bad just throwing it away. Its been used and in alright shape. Comes w/ hardware. You can see it in the background of picture 2.

Will these loops work? http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...0803&mmyId=

·
Registered
443 Posts
what color are you getting, yellow?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
another question. What brand of carbides to get? There are like a bagillion choices to choose from. I guess ill give a link to 3 or 4 and let you guys pick the best one. Dont want to spend too much money on carbides.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...roductId=031688

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...oductId=p031612

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...oductId=p031043

I realize they are all the basic same carbide, just different brand. Is one brand better than another?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ill see if my dad wants to set up an account for ebay. I forgot about the "buy it now"

you want to send me a link for the ski loops from ebay? Only if they are buy now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts