Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people well i have a bone stock summit 600, 02. I wanna put some reeds (vforce) and a silencer on it. I'm also interested in getting it bored out by a dealer to 700 if possible. What are the pros and cons of this. I dont have the money to buy a bigger size sled that's why i wanna bore it. Also my friend just snow checked a 700 RMK for next fall. Am i going to have problems highmarking him or keeping up or getting stuck? Any of you sled heads that can help me out would be great! thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow, that sounds exspensive,www.dneperf.com could probably tell ya more on boring it to a 700. I would't recamend vforce,I have em on my 800 twin,too exspensive for what ya get.Boyseen reeds with a spacer would do the same thing.

Last edited by Rocketman at April 17, 2002, 12:57pm

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
V-force are a good place to start.  Or any of the other high quality reeds like boyseen.  

Then you want to port the engine and jet it properly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Another area to look at will be clutching. There are performance kits out there which will make a very noticeable difference to your machine. 700 RMK is a powerful machine so don't set your expectations too high but you can come awfully close with a few tweaks

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would pass on the V-force, i would do like squish said and use aftermarket reeds and spacers, or just spacers, doo already has fairly good reeds on their sleds.     look at getting it ported, that 600 should be able to push 120-122 HP(race prep'd 600's are running at 130-135) with a little work.   you might also want to look at upping the compression, seeing as how you are riding in the mountains you will be able to get away with a little more seeing as how the air is getting thinner as you go up.      
As for boring, i am not even sure if you can bore that engine out to 700, maybe 670 or so.  
I checked at the Bomb site for the stroke specs and...
specs 700/600
Bore 78/72mm
Stroke 73/73mm
(800 cylinders will not because of the difference in stroke)
the 600 and 700 engines are the same except for the bore, so you should be able to find a set of 700 cylinders(get those ported) and a 700 head and it should bolt right up.  remember i said should haha. you may have to do a little cutting on the top half of the crank for the 700 cylinders to line up perfectly, but thats easy.
once you had those 700 cylinders you can bore those to about 750-780 i beleive(700 pistons - 78mm      800 pistons - 82mm), but when you bore it out to that you may have some problems with the O-ring on the head. thats when someone with some experience will have to help you, try different O.E.M O-rings or something, might find the right size.

anyway hope thats helps a bit, hope you catch that RMK, polaris junk  

·
Registered
171 Posts
the 02 600 Summit does not have the new undersquare HO engine (72mm by 73mm).  Instead, it has the "old" iron-cylinder 600 that has a 76 by 65.8 (?) bore and stroke.  In so far as making it a 700, I believe that Crank shop make a 750 conversion kit for this engine.  Good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any motor work and clutch tuning to get it close to an RMK 700 (also need more track) will push you well towards the $2000 mark.  More than enough to justify trading it in and get a 151" 700 Summit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts