Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my first sled which is a 87 Yamaha Phazer, When tensioning the track the rear axle bolt got stripped when removing so now i need to replace that bolt. Just so i try to make it understading,Its the very last bolt in the back of the track on the bottom. I also holds 3 boggie wheels on the rear.

The problem that i'm having is that i can not ge that botl out. I loosend up the bolts in the back so the track has not tension and i can still not ge the bolr out.

I have looked all over and can not see what else whould stop it from coming out. I hope i did not hurt anything but i did use some force tring to hit it out but it did not move.

I hope this is a easy fix but if someone could help me that would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Doug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,
This is my first sled which is a 87 Yamaha Phazer, When tensioning the track the rear axle bolt got stripped when removing so now i need to replace that bolt. Just so i try to make it understading,Its the very last bolt in the back of the track on the bottom. I also holds 3 boggie wheels on the rear.

The problem that i'm having is that i can not ge that botl out. I loosend up the bolts in the back so the track has not tension and i can still not ge the bolr out.

I have looked all over and can not see what else whould stop it from coming out. I hope i did not hurt anything but i did use some force tring to hit it out but it did not move.

I hope this is a easy fix but if someone could help me that would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Doug[/b]

No one can help??????

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You can try tightening the opposite side and using an impact gun to remove the bolt... some times, the axle is aluminum, the bolt is steel, and corrosion keeps you from being able to turn the bolt. You may want to use some good penetrating oil on the bolt as well, something like PB Blaster. As a last resort, you can remove the skid frame from the sled and maybe be able to pull the rear driveline out with the bolt/wheel still attached. THat will give you the axle to hold on to, in a vice or with vice-grips.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had 2 yamaha sno-scoots, one a '88 and one a '89 (The same vintage as your sled). As I recall, the rear axle only had one bolt and washer, the other side which looks like a bolt head and washer was actually a part of the machined axle shaft. (Hence, it spins and won't loosen up) If you remove the suspension, and you can now that the track tension has been removed, you can disassemble the axle shaft and three bogie wheels and spacers attached to it.

Good luck, I really don't think you have a problem (provided Yamaha was consistant from model to model).

Boegey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts