Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 ski doo formula z with a 583 rotax it had a small fire i haven tried to pull it in 3 years been in back yard with out the exsaust now the motor seems to be locked I was wondering if its just frozen together from the cold.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I assume you are pulling on your recoil to try and start your sled.

Is there still a clutch on the engine? Can you turn it?

Is there any oil left in your resevoir? I wonder if there was a fire if all your oil would have leaked out. If there has been no oil in your sled for that length of time it may be ceased.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are pulling on your recoil to try and start your sled.

Is there still a clutch on the engine? Can you turn it?

Is there any oil left in your resevoir? I wonder if there was a fire if all your oil would have leaked out. If there has been no oil in your sled for that length of time it may be ceased.

Good luck.[/b]
Yes there is a clutch on it and no i can not turn it no oil is in it neiather tanks

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
drop some thin oil down the spark plug holes and take the carbs off and put some oil in there, give it some time and hit the end of the clutch bolt with a hammer, and see what happens and see if it will turn over. In reality it might start up and run great with no issues, but if rust has started to develop on the bearings it may just rip them apart and you will need a rebuild anyways.

good luck,

-steve

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 1995 ski doo formula z with a 583 rotax it had a small fire i haven tried to pull it in 3 years been in back yard with out the exsaust now the motor seems to be locked I was wondering if its just frozen together from the cold.[/b]
more then likely your cylinders rusted from condisation,Crash dummy

·
Registered
795 Posts
I would pull the exhaust manifold off & look in the ports. You should see the cyls or even the pistons, have a look for rust.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
An old trick for unsticking stuck engines is to pour some diesel fuel down the jugs and let time do its thing. Inching the crank back and forth by the clutch bolt may gain you some movement but take it slowly. Chances are if your pistons stuck from rust, you crank bearing are probably rust spotted too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts