Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 2002 Pantera 2-up 600 efi. It has what I beleive a 5/8 track on it, So I studded it with a 96 .875 studs about a mounth ago. I took it out for a test drive tonight on our fist 2" snow of the year and when ever I went over the slightest bump or really got in to it, it sounded like something was rubbing on either the tunnel or something. Any time the suspension would give a little I could feel the vibration on my feet. What could this be? I don't see any where where the track is rubbing, I also had a friend push down on the back and I still couldn't see where anything would be rubbing. It sounds like the lugs are hitting somewhere or the clogs on the track are rubbing somewhere. Please, any suggestions would be appreciated, It is a brand new left over sled and don't know why it is doing this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You should make sure to use tunnel protectors to insure the studs don't hit the tunnel. but i think your problem now is the track is to loose. sounds like the track is ratcheting on the drive sprockets when you punch it... :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just got done working on it and I think I found what it is. The track was plenty tight, maybe to tight. It wasn't my track slipping on the drive wheels, I know what that feels like and it definetly wasn't that. There were slices in to the drive clogs on the track, Just the inside row on the left side of the track. The only thing that comes close to those is the bottom, front shock mount. It looks as though it is rubbing on that, What I don't understand is how you can get it farther away from it. I am going to try to align the track over farther to see if that helps and if that doesn't I will be lost. I know it is under warranty but I don't want to drive an hour and 15min to deliver it.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
BTW you can not put 96 studs on that sled

96 pattern would never work it would need 108 to finish that pattern btw :)

It has 136 " track so it would have to be 81,108,135,162studs :sly:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you have your skid frame removed during the studding of the track? If so you probably did the same thing I did when I put on a 1.25 track. There is a bracket in the back of the skid frame that holds the shock assb'y that ends up in a backwards position which will cause a rubbing noise and tear up the inner-most lugs. The bad part here is I have no idea how to fix it since I couldn't firggin figure it out I brought it to my dealer who said it happens all the time. It must not be to bad to correct since he didn't chrg me (maybe he felt sorry for my stupidity) anyway I wish I could be of more help but I am sure someone else on the forum has the answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts