Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little guys tried telling me my sled was to heavy, (2001 ZRT 800)and was not a good trail sled, well I am happy to report they were wrong> I had no problems keeping up, and when I lead, they could not keep up.
I was also not beat on the lake, so I can not complain at all.
Except for the Thundercat, but it was 2 out of four, so that was prett even. Awsome ride.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ahhhh, yet again the TRUTH comes out. Your post was perfect-and the absolute truth.

If people would quit reading magazines, they would find out exactly what you did-the truth.

Those sleds are awesome arent they!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well, its good to hear that someone likes their Cat
Glad to hear you like your machine.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
ZRT sled head, did you have a prior year ZRT800?  I had a '96 and loved the sled, but I know my '01 ZR800 is better on the trails.  I realize the '01 ZRTs have updated suspension, I guess that makes the difference over my '96.  I know where a leftover '01 ZRT is and I would like to buy it, but would hate to feel like I gave something up on the trails now that I've ridden my ZR for a season.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Go ahead and buy it Jim...look at it this way, it wouldn't be a bad investment-especially since you know how fun they are!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, its only money.........can't take it with ya when your dead! and heck, the banks have lots of it. I know mine does except they want it back. Greedy buggers

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Wouldn't have a problem having both, except I need to buy a sled for my wife for next season.  I guess she could ride my ZR until I get her a Pantera or ZL efi....decisions, decisions!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
JF,
Sounds like you'll be going from cracking the throttle to cracking the wallet!  Oh well, it's only money, ya make it everyday...everyday it doesn't snow, that is

·
Registered
458 Posts
ya,, zrt sled head,  the Beauty of Big Block triples!!    

·
Registered
741 Posts
Talk to your dealer. I was at a dealer Saturday and he said cat has plenty of triples at the facotry. He said he would sell to me a 2001 T-cat for $6800.00 (U.S.) out the door. Same for a zrt800. He said they also had triple tourings, Pantera 1,000's and zrt600s and about 1000 M/C about 100 left. All they have to do is contact arcto. Kevin

·
0 Posts
I hope you have lots money when  you get a cat them things are libel to break on ya
  jlk..there guys

·
Registered
308 Posts
sleddinfool   what would he sell you a 1000 pantera for  I talked to one dealer who has a left over said he would not  sell it for less than  8000.00    maybe a thunder cat would be a better deal?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to see other happy big block lovers.
Shop around, I bought my 2001 800 ZRT for $6350.00 in Wis  
I think the 800 Zr's are nice too, but maybe the 900 will be my next sled if they still make them in 2 or 3 years.
For now I will stick to my ZRT.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 2002 T-Cat with SS rear suspension.  Many people told me that it would be a hog in the trails.  I have not noticed any difference due to the sleds weight or operator fatigue during hard driving trail rides with my buddies.  I can keep with all the twins on the trails and I have had many comments about how smooth the sled is, (vibration), particularly from friends with the ZR800 and MXZ800.

Any slight advantage that other sleds have in the trails is easially erased at any small clearing in the trail.  The T-Cat has awsome power.

Although the smart ride rear suspension does have it's quirks, it is much better that my ZRT.  But the front skid bottoms very easially during aggressive riding.  Still better than the ZL800 without smart ride.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gas milage was better than I thought it would be on the 800 ZRT< I avg about 12 mpg. Was almost the same as my buddies at the gas pumps with other sizes from 600's to 1000 t cats.
Also was good on oil.(Klotz)

·
Registered
203 Posts
ZRT Seld Head,
Where have you been? Haven't you read the latest magazines and other news? You can't possibly enjoy your heavy triple can you. Everybody in the know says that twins are the way to go......

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have ridden all types of machines and they all feel the same once i get used to them.  I can only feel the weight when i go to lift it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts