Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if by dropping my needle jet clip it would reduce the hard carbon build up on my plugs?[99 600 mxz]checked the compression and it's even 140psi.Fouled my first plug but have noticed that it runs a black colour since i've owned it.I ride  the trails at a moderate speed 1/4 to3/4 throttle so the main jet wouldn't come into play a whole lot.What are the stock main jets for this  machine? I haven't checked because I have it serviced each winter.I ride at about 1000ft. and rarely see it colder then -15c

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
just doo me,
 has it been only today or the past few warm days ? mine did today at listowel. took the new plugs out tonight and they are black. it's warm weather.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Paul, the day the plug fouled it was cold -15 but like I mentioned they never have run a nice tan colour,but I never had one go just look very rich.Never wanted to tinker with it because I didn't want to worry about those occasional deep freezes.I was in Minden on a tour that rang up 1150km.without anymore plug problems after I replaced it with a used plug.Left monday came home friday jsut avoided the thaw but things got lean around Fenlon Falls & Lindsay.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im having a problem with my Grand Touring 600.  The thing runs great and wont foul a plug all day but if you let it sit over night in the morning its only on one cylinder.  

I really dont want to mess with it because the temps and conditions are not what they should be and last year it ran great.  Im also trading it for a Rev so I dont really care.  But What do you guys thing causes it.  The plug is not overly carboned.  its black but not BLACK BLACK.  I though about a coolent leak but i dont think so because the coolent level hasnt dropped and its not smoking.  

Maybe it has to do with the warm day weather and the cold nights.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
machzzzz1,
 i think you are right it has to do with the warm weather. i changed my caramel coloured plugs the other day and the new ones are black.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I raised the clip up yesterday but because of the #@%&*rain I never got a chance to do a plug check.Anybody tell me what the stock main is and what I could use safely for an alternative?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts