Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me out. I have a 1999 Arctic Cat ZL 600 and got new plugs but unsure what the gap should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy & Safe riding to all and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

CHREE :christmas:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hey guys! I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me out. I have a 1999 Arctic Cat ZL 600 and got new plugs but unsure what the gap should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy & Safe riding to all and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

CHREE :christmas:[/b]
Try .028".

·
Registered
177 Posts
You should be able to buy BRAND NEW NGK BR9EYA's and throw them right in there! why u messing with gaps?

anyways, rule of thumb, grab another spark plug and turn it upside down and hold it up to your right side up plug, You should have the gap almost the same thickness as the side hook on the other plug, but not a big enough gap to be able to fit it between the side hook and the electrode... you know, if you're changing plugs on the trial that is and you don't have feeler gauges :)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
You should be able to buy BRAND NEW NGK BR9EYA's and throw them right in there! why u messing with gaps?[/b]

I can't answer "why he's messing with gaps", but I can tell you why I mess with them....It's because new plugs NEVER get banged around in transit, and when they are made they are ALWAYS within a thousandth! :crazy:

As stated above .028 is the proper gap....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts