Snowmobile World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a stupid question but I am a newbie, so here goes. I bought new plugs the other day for my 97 670 and I was figuring that they didn't come pre-gapped. So I was wondering what the Gap should be for a set of Br9es? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
21 Posts
It took me a while to remember where I saw that statement myself and with a little digging I found it.  If you have a copy of the December 2001 issue of SnowTech it's on page 12 under Ski-Doo Spark Plug Substitutions (2nd paragraph).  I checked them as well to be sure, all 4 I bought were set at.018"

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
TailGater, the .020 spec. is right out of the  Ski-Doo owners manual.  Idooski has read the manual. Yes .018 for all other sleds other than the 2002 MXZ 800 with the expensive plugs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Since this post is regarding a 97 670, here`s my opinion...run the largest gap it`ll take without mis-firing or fouling. I run my 583 and 800 3x3 at about .025. The dfference? Drivability for lack of a better description. Motor seems to pull better in the mid range. The reason? If you think about it the bigger the spark, the easier it is to ignite the fuel/air mixture. I`m pretty hard on my motors and have had no adverse effects from doing this. Just my .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.