Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have firsthand experience and objective thoughts comparing these two machines? Obviously we're not talking racing here. Rather, I am interested in how the two machines stack up comparing power, ability to pull, fuel economy, reliability, etc. I am quite familiar with the GT Lite and also the larger liquid cooled 550 Panther but don't know much about the 440 AC fan and how it performs. I am considering it as a future purchase if AC doesn't drop its midsize fans as Polaris has already done. Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
polaris has midsive fans.. they got there low 340 mid 440... eerrr umm well ok not nemore and they got a 550

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I'm very familiar with the Panther, and I currently have a 340 GT Lite.
I haven't used the GT much, but I've been pretty impressed with it so far. The only thing about it that disappoints me is that it lacks power for riding in deep snow.
For hauling wood I think they would both be pretty good, though I don't thonk the GT could haul as big a load as the Panther.
In terms of reliability, I'd vote for the GT. It's amazing how that thing will start second pull even after weeks or months of sitting there. I don't think you could kill it if you tried.
For fuel economy they're pretty similar.
The Bearcat 440 was a really good work machine, and was available with a 151" track and twin carbs.
I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts