Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas, rumors, or knowledge of what the Polaris 440 racers will be this season?  Ive heard everyone say that Polaris will notify racers of whats going on by June15 and then July 15, which is right?  Im not a racer, but i had a dealer order me a 440 fan.  But neither the dealer nor I know exactly what it will be.  Can someone help me out?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
TaTa
  Why would you order a fan when there are so many nicer sleds for sale new and used for the same money, a bit more, or a bit less?
Caleb

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reason # 1-- cash, why buy a crappy used sled someone has beat-up when you can get new.  

reason#2--- a fan i fairly cheap

reason#3--- 440 racers are truely what Polaris spend the majority of time engineering.  They are true race sled

reason#4--with a clutch and some gearing my little 440 will be tearing up the trails, ditches just as fast if not faster than any other sled

reason#5---suspension.  polaris' 440 racer have the very best big bump suspensions.  Remember, and man can lay it out over the flat land, only real men put it in the air

Let me know Myers,  I appreciate all the help!!!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
For trail riding and ditch riding the 440 fan racers are a blast. Just because you can't go over 100 mph but how often can you do that. In the tight trails and banging in the ditches the 440 fan will keep up with most of the other sleds and beat most 500cc liquids. Last year one of the snow mags did a sled comparison and said the '01 440 Pro X fan was one of the best bang for the buck sleds thay have ridden. I have tooled around some on the '02 440 fan and was suprised how "peppy" it was but don't get me wrong the 440 liquid racer will stomp on it but also remember the 440 liquid will keep up and beat most 700cc sleds until about 70 mph.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Myers,

I know you said that Polaris is releasing some information this friday (june 15) but im wondering exactly what are they releasing?  Are they just going to tell you if your in or not, or are they going to give specs on the racers?  In the past what have they given you.  You got me so excited about possibly learning some information about my sled all the help is appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
They usaully let you know if your accepted and if so give pricing (confidential) and details about the race program for next season. I am hoping they also will give us some info about the sleds but I am not holding my breathe. It would be nice, last year Cat gave out small pieces of info to help keep the juices flowing and the mind wondering what was coming. Should hopefully know soon. Last year the said we would be notified by July 1st and I think I actually got my letter on the 1st.

·
Registered
282 Posts
They offered me nothing!! I had a '01 Pro X that came from the race program but was denied for '02 because I ran mostly terrain races in the '01 & '02 seasons and the '02 Pro X was designed primarily for sno x. I spoke to Bill Raider this spring at the race dept. and he pretty much confirmed that the terrain racing is what hurt me for the '02 program. So I ran about seven snocross races this last winter and did well and was named "Driver of the month" for Feb/March in the Northern WI regional series so I figured I should have a great chance this year. Bill even told me that I shouldn't have a problem especially with what my schedule is going to be for next year but here I am again getting the "Thanks but no thanks" letter from Polaris. What makes it more upsetting is that I am sure there will be quite a few '03 440 racers sitting at dealers again when Polaris has alot of racers that want the sleds but were denied by the race program. I am thinking of just buying a '02 440 and '02 800 mod because I know a guy that offered me the package deal for $8500 but I wanted to wait until I heard from Polaris and for me to go and buy the '03 racer from a dealer it will cost me over $7000. I don't mean to complain but it just ticks me off that racers get denied and then the dealers have 5 or more sitting on their floors!!!!  

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Polaris sucks how they treat there loyal buyers. A guy postred on here last year asking for everyone to look for  a snowcheck model X becuase polaris said his sled that he snowchecked whay early hadn't been built. They ended up finding several at dealerships exactly like the one he ordered. He had to get a lawer to get this done I believe also. It never seems to end with them.

TaTa, Used sleds are some of the best deals around. I've seen several proX's around here used with less than 300 miles do to the no snow in MI. There are also alot of ProX's brand new on dealer floors and storage barns. I saw one dealer liquidate a 02 proX for $6,000 us. Oh, I'm refering to all Liquids in this post for sleds.
Caleb

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah that is true you can get some good deals on used or left over sleds, if thats what you want.

First, some new info on the '03 pro x sleds.  One of the biggest differences is that the sled is going to be offered in a new 13.5x128x1 track!!  Very interesting and that all pro x's are going to have the roller secondary clutch on them, very interesting.  

WEll i thought i would share the info.

Ryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts