Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting back into sleddin after about 15 years and i'm looking for a reliable sled. I'm out of Barrie Ont. and will be riding mostly out my home town of Haliburton. Lots of trails and lakes. Have a chance to purchase a 2000 , 700 xl deluxe Polaris with all the bells and whistles for around $4000. The sled has 3000 km and electronic suspension and has not a scratch on it. The track doesn't even looked used. Basicly the machine doesn't even look like its been used. Should I doubt my in-law when he says its worth the money?Is the sled going to be worth the coin when other machines are cheaper with a little higher mileage?
Advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
2 thoughts.

1. That money will go a LOT further in Michigan.
2. Wires that lead to suspensions make for LOTS of trouble.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2 thoughts.

1. That money will go a LOT further in Michigan.
2. Wires that lead to suspensions make for LOTS of trouble.[/b]
Yes, $4000 CAD could go a lot farther in Michigan. However, when you figure travel time, border fees, milage on vehicle and gas, it doesn't get any cheaper to buy a sled outside of your area.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Indy,
Depends on your priorities I suppose. Don't let the guy driving here from W. Virginia tommorrow morning hear you say that. And the guy from Minnesota that had the 07 IQ for sale cheap last spring that was willing to meet me half way if I agreed to buy it from him. Half of the guys bidding on the 2 sleds I sold recently on Ebay were from Canada.....

I have a brother that thinks the same way you do. Right? Wrong? Not for me to decide. All I was trying to do was present the thought for consideration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Indy,
Depends on your priorities I suppose. Don't let the guy driving here from W. Virginia tommorrow morning hear you say that. And the guy from Minnesota that had the 07 IQ for sale cheap last spring that was willing to meet me half way if I agreed to buy it from him. Half of the guys bidding on the 2 sleds I sold recently on Ebay were from Canada.....

I have a brother that thinks the same way you do. Right? Wrong? Not for me to decide. All I was trying to do was present the thought for consideration.[/b]
Your absolutely correct. It's all up to the person buying the sled. However, if transportation was an issue, as it would be in my case, I couldn't do it. If I had a truck to go down to the US and buy a sled if it meant saving a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, I could possibly do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts