Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting back into the sport after a few years off(like 18). Was recommended to this web site by Buddy of Jawz and was wanting some more info on purchasing a sled. Took a look at 2000 polaris 700xc deluxe. The whole machine is in mint condition with only 3000km.It also has electronic suspension and is loaded with all the heated grips etc. My in-law says that it will get the $4000 that is being asked.
Advice would be appreciated before I spend some more equity , thunderette02 would not be impressed with a bad decision.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
2 thoughts -

1. Consider that your money may cover a lot more country in Michigan. I live not too far from Detroit, recently sold a couple of sleds on Ebay. I was surprised by the number of Canadian bidders at first. Then I considered prices like you are talking about......made much more sense. One sled did sell to a guy from Canada (turns out he also has a place near mine in Gaylord!). I believe there is the potential they may drive Mich. used sled prices up some if that idea catches on for a bit/becomes more widely known.

2. FWIW, wires leading to suspension parts are trouble. The wires themselves are vulnerable to ice and debris, and the components they power are NOT reliable. To be specific, many consider that shock to be junk.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Need alot more info on where and how you will be riding. Seems a little steep for an old style sled. If you live near the US border that is where you will get the most value for your buck.
Go spend some time sitting on different sleds and make sure what you buy is comfortable for the type of riding you plan on dooing

·
Registered
593 Posts
I would not pay 4000 for that sled. In my opinion it is worth about 3500 if it is really clean and in good shape.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
4000 is too much

$3000canadian would be more fair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts