Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my Cat dealer today, He told me tha Cat and polaris merged and are one company now??????? Is this true ? Has anyone else heard of this ? :withstupid: :blahblah: :nervous: :0:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Did your dealer small like beer or pot??... :D :p I think he is high!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
It's about time Polaris went with A-arms!! :p

I wouldn't be running out & changing the stickers on your sled anytime soon!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Originally posted by IndyOneSki@Nov 22 2002, 06:59 PM
Did your dealer small like beer or pot??... :D :p I think he is high!!
I'm with Indy....was it cloudy in the showroom???? That would make for one hell of a story though!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Thats like saying the bears and the pack are now the same team! not!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
every once in awhile a ridiculous rumour is true, but let's give our head a shake that is a family fued.

·
Registered
384 Posts
if this is true,im buyin a doo........hey.....that ryhmes

·
Registered
959 Posts
i dont think either company has enough money to buy the other one out and why would they join when they have so much goin for each one i mean they are both major players in the sled biz so why would cat or polaris jump ship?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not saying it was actually true just what I heard.... If you guys know anything about 4 wheelers the new suzuki 400 the Kaw 400 and even Arctic cat is going to sell one soon all the same exact quads with differen plastics and this is from magazines Also Suzuki and kaw merged that was in ATV Rider ,They also said that Arctic Cat quads are made by Massy Ferguson sold under Cats name..(that would explain the tracter like perfomance! ) I guess to me it doesent sound that crazy ...they dont care really, they do anything for money and thats any big company...... And even if they did I dont think they would be changing much

·
Registered
524 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised to see Polaris and Fast merge, but not A/C. since suzuki is a major shareholder in cat I wouldnt be surprised if theyre the same. Massey ferguson does not make A/C's 4 wheelers, BUT massey does have an agreement with A/C to market 4 wheelers under the massey ferguson name, but Im pretty sure its in foreign markets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A couple more snowless winters and they all wll be merging; at the courthouse filing Chapter 11! Polaris is in a bad way from what my financial buddies say; of course they have a tendency to spread it a little thin at times..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not saying it's true but as far as a huge company buying out another it is very possible. I know it's a different industry but Hewlet Packard bought Compaq! ???

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ok, heres how it goes. Cat and Polaris are NOT 1 company. BUT they do have a very close relationship. Polaris and FAST have not merged. THey have contracts tieing each other together for a few years though. FAST uses Polaris engines (and other various parts); and Polaris uses the M-10. Kawasaki and Suzuki are NOT one company. They have a pertnership in a few areas that reduce costs. Massy does NOT manufacturer AC quads. AC manufacturers Massy quads. That is a contract job that helps Cat with costs. Now for the rumor of Polaris being in bad shape-FALSE!!!!!! They are losing money right now with the Victory bikes but they knew that they would when they started building them. They are 7 years ahead finachially where they had perdicted for the bikes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Didn't Polaris just add on to their plant or are planning on adding on? Doesn't sound like a company that is hurting too bad.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
yeah I heard they all fall under the bombardier corporation now,LOL. :p

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by mxz600rer@Nov 23 2002, 03:40 PM
Didn't Polaris just add on to their plant or are planning on adding on? Doesn't sound like a company that is hurting too bad.
Yeah, they're adding 30.000 sq. ft. to the Iowa (ATV) plant.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I cant belive that this post got this many replies.

Cat did not merge with polaris. And they never will. Cat has to many ties with suzuki and polaris is very well of and there would be no benifites to this.

The only thing i could think of is that they would merge to try and create a huge company like bombardier. However even if cat and polaris merged they would still be a small player against bombardier who could probably buy out every sled manufactor.

But this is not true...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts