Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard a rumour in the slednecks forum that polaris is going to stop production of sleds in december and work mainly on atv's, can any one confirm this??????

·
Registered
468 Posts
WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU PEOPLE COME UP WITH THIS CRAP.I'M SURE THE WATER CRAFT WILL GO OR THEM DUMB BIKES THEY SELL A COUPLE OF THOUSAND A YEAR WILL GO BEFORE SLEDS.I DON'T KNOW WHO MAKES THIS #### UP,BUT MAN THATS THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE HEARD YET.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
They are the largest volume selling sled mgf! they will be in business long after everyone else.
Caleb

·
Registered
139 Posts
I highly doubt that will happen in the near future!

·
Registered
386 Posts
What I meant was, perhaps this was a misunderstanding. Building sleds is a seasonal business and they usually use the same space to build ATVs, watercraft, etc. at different times of the year. I know for a fact that Bombardier stops building sled in December because they use the same plant space for watercraft.

·
Registered
387 Posts
wow – that clarification makes this a bit different thread!

December sounds about right to end production on sleds, after all if it ain't on a truck by Jan 1 -- I would think they would be hard to sell.

I am assuming they stop the “summer" lines in July or so to ramp up for sleds...

but Poo going out of the sled business - not until Artic melts!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Production starts somewhere around Mid-April I believe and ends in November for production models. Then the SnoPros run and the late builds/late releases get built. Polaris is not going out of business, they are a very strong company. The bikes are doing better then projected at this point, they are about 7 years ahead of schedule for them. PWC really depends on legislation. They are in better shape then I ever thought they would be. Polaris is putting a big expansion onto the Roseua plant this summer also.

·
Registered
538 Posts
In replying to this bogus rumor............why in the world would Polaris invest so much money into their new factory and the Liberty power plant? This is just some enquiring mind type of person who just wants to get some hype going before the season starts off.

Hey I buy Polaris and they have been around for 40 plus years!!!! :cussing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts