Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
It shows two clips of the letters N and R with what looks like a pull out shifter under them.  I guess that that is neutral and reverse.  Than could mean a new high performance quad, of maybe a high performance 4 stroke snowmobile.  The timing of the release is more typical of snowmobiles, but there have been rumors of both.  Guess we'll have to wait until Aug. 5.  The secret almost always leaks out sooner.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My guess is its a PWC  Go to ___ trasher page and there is some discussion of it over there too.

Edit by Rocketman: Please don't post links to competitor's websites on these forums.

Last edited by Rocketman at July 06, 2002, 6:02pm

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I would guess it is a snocross sled with M-10 type suspension for racing. And S stands for snow, and X for Cross. That would make MSX.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
well according to information I have gotten, the MSX is a watercraft.  This at least is how Polaris has registered the trademark name of MSX with the federal government.

·
Registered
185 Posts
But, why would they introduce it so late in the PWC season? I mean, August 2nd or 3rd?? I forget the exact date, I've always been bad with dates.  Although, its hard to say, because that could be considered a mid year release for a PWC...hmmm, the plot thickens.....

Word has it tho, that Polaris is working on a sled VERY similar to the Doo REV, and based on what I've seen in the clip, and with people "in the know", thats what the MSX is going to be..... with a rather M-10-ish rear suspension....no word on the front suspension tho....

·
Registered
303 Posts
they very may well be working on a new sled, and i hope they are, but do not forget that the NXR is a very old concept and it has failed several times.  All i know is that Polaris registered the name "Polaris MSX" as a watercraft vehicle for commercial sale.  This is the formal classification given to the trademark that was registered with the gov't around April 24, 2002.  Personally i dont think its a snowmobile, and I think its against the law to register a trademark illegally.  So to me all the signs point to PWC.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The trademark register says PWC
Could stand for there new racing team!!
Personal Wrecking Crew

·
Registered
138 Posts
tatalover78 is right, it is registered as a PWC

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well polaris should get their own chassis for a sled, not be like doo's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Urklipp från det Amerikanska Patent och Registreringsverket:

Word Mark MSX
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S:
PERSONAL WATERCRAFT , NAMELY SINGLE AND MULTIPLE RIDER JET BOATS
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 76397074
Filing Date April 17, 2002
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Owner (APPLICANT) Polaris Industries Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 2100
Highway 55 Medina
MINNESOTA 55340
Attorney of Record David C. West
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Döm själva, den 5 Augusti får vi svaret!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Roil @ July 12, 2002, 4:23pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Urklipp från det Amerikanska Patent och Registreringsverket:

Döm själva, den 5 Augusti får vi svaret![/b][/quote]
Man.......I suddenly became hungry for a bratwurst.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, if this msx is a pwc, then why would it need neutral and reverse.  I guess you could have it but what would be the need.  they haven't used it in the past.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Watercraft have forward and reverse. The only somewhat new thing would be nuetral. So who knows. I am guessing based on information here and the one photo I saw looks like a sponson, that its a watercraft.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think the MSX is a PWC lots of them are coming out with forward neutral and reverse.  I know because I am looking for a new one currently.  Blew the motor on my SLTX last weekend.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The now if you look at the site again you will see some other pics. All the site says is to check back Aug 5 to see the future. when you look at the site you will see pictures of the head lights for the Predator atv the fuel tank for the new Victory bike and the badge for the MSX watercraft. There is also talk of another utility model atv with a 600 single bigbore in the sportsman chassis and also talk of a manual trans similar to the expedition with a 500 cc or larger motor in the sportsman chassis. Yes polaris is releasing 3 new machines for sure,Predator sport atv,MSX pwc, Victory sportmodel bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think that SnoRat just hit the nail on the head.
I believe that his predictions are correct and I'm very curious about the new Victory bike. The fuel tank cap looks like one from a sportbike, but when you look where the seat meets the fuel tank the transition between the two is not like on sport bikes, it pretty smooth. HMMMM?

Wait and See,
(seems to be the best bet)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts