Snowmobile World banner

What will Go faster in a race? A 1996 polaris 340cc Or a 1994 ski-doo safari deluxe 377cc?

• 1996 polaris 340cc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1994 ski-doo 377cc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polaris
Ski-doo

·
Registered
678 Posts
Those old indy lites were pretty quick till about 30 MPH, but they only went around 60-65. The Safari would do 70, but it took a lot longer to get there.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Originally posted by andw1@Nov 16 2002, 03:24 AM
Those old indy lites were pretty quick till about 30 MPH, but they only went around 60-65. The Safari would do 70, but it took a lot longer to get there.
Safari 377 never will hit 70,65 yes but thats it

How do I know?

I owned 3,and friends had others

WE use to race all the time

The Polaris will have top speed

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
it really doesn't matter unless you are looking for a spongey ride for the kids.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I had a 1988 skidoo safari 377 about 6 years ago. I could hit about 70/75 on a good packed trail. But I also had this thing reving out at about 10,000RPM she hauled *** for a little sled.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Originally posted by paul yarek@Nov 16 2002, 12:34 PM
it really doesn't matter unless you are looking for a spongey ride for the kids.
So you are quoting the ROCK now Paul. LOL

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
My MX 462 would whip both they're butts. LOL. Does it make a difference whether the safari is a 2 up seat??(touring)?Because ski-doo is better than polaris so i think the safari would beat it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Safari or Polaris ?

I have a little 93 Safari in the fleet with the 377 that my son drives. I had it up to around 60 mph once at WOT. I took a long time to get there. I goes good to 50 and then levels out. I never thought of racing it, it seems kind of funny. I do know that ripping around in the field I have an old 77 Scorpion Whip 340 that eats it alive. As for Polaris, I haven't tried that one yet.

Mind you I wouldn't take the Whip on the trails for fear of something important flying off.

That little Safari is bullet proof. A buddy and I took the sled out once while he was between sleds as we were both desperate to get out. We took turns driving it. It actually kept up pace at 60-80km's for hours on end. It even rode well. It was the fist time I had driven it for any length of time and I found it nice with out the wind and snow blasting me in the face over the usual low windscreen of my Formula. It was almost like riding in a car, very steady, extremely quite and consistant. I never noticed how loud my sled was either until I rode the Safari. Kind made me think a touring sled would be cool.

Want to hear something else real funny, that Whip is a blast to ride. It is rough, you can throw it around like a toy and every year I pull it out of the barn for a blast. Some of these older vintage sleds are alot of fun. I remember back in 77 when I got it it was leading edge, aluminum bulkhead and chasis, lower center of gravity, para rail etc. One of the first attempts at handling. Scorpion had a lot of new idea's in the Whip years. Sound like something going on now?

I'd trail ride a John Deere before I'd miss a season again.

I think the theme is you can find fun anywhere, as long as your sleddin.

Have a great day!

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts