Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys the 2005/06 polaris 900 RMK 159" is it a four stroke motor? also whats its out put in HP?

cheers ,
niko,

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
nope its a 2 stroker. its right around 150 i think the 05 is like 149 and the 06 151. the 06 is a far better sled but the 900 has had its far share of complants. some people love them others hate them. overall is a few extra bucks put into them they are really really good sleds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bugger are all the 900 2 stroke? i need to find a 4 stroke sled as at home they are not allowing 2 to be regoed no more.

Any ideas?

niko. :confused:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Can't believe you wrote that Tifa. Are you thinking about doing the 4 stroke thing too?

BTW, for the 40 lbs and 20 hp difference, it Apex RTX all the way....

:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i looked at them but man are they ugly(lol) In the looks department the ski doo's look the best but no four strokes yet???

I think the switch backs are the next best thing.

niko.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Niko,
Not sure of your experience with them, but the Yammies need a chance to grow on you a little. Helps big time when you hear one maybe? They're right up there competing with the tripples for best sounding sled. Maybe it's my ears that's helping my eyes deal with the "new look" of these sleds after the engineers start hacking at the weight of them? Dunno, but after 20+ years on nothing but Polaris, an Apex followed me home not too long ago..... From what I've seen, Yamaha has hit a home run with their 4stroke gamble. Most that have them have jumped ship from a different manf. sled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think your right, the 2 strokes will be a thing of the past as tougher new emission laws start. It may take a while but i will happen. I just wish ski doo made a summit 4st.

·
Registered
476 Posts
OK, I gots to know, where does it snow enough in the land down under to ride a sled. If it does snow in Australia, how far south do you have to go? ( how far south do you have to go? man does that sound strange)

Don't be changing your profile to Austria and make be look bad now. :lookaround:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think your right, the 2 strokes will be a thing of the past as tougher new emission laws start. It may take a while but i will happen. I just wish ski doo made a summit 4st.[/b]

LOL.... Wow I dont agree with this at all.... A four stroke might run cleaner.... but what do you think all that oil thats in the crankcase does when it goes bad??? Goes away by the magic oil fairy?

Ever heard of an Eteck motor? They are used in boats... its a 2 stroke motor that runs cleaner than any 4 stroke motor... 2 strokes wont ever go totally away....

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
LOL.... Wow I dont agree with this at all.... A four stroke might run cleaner.... but what do you think all that oil thats in the crankcase does when it goes bad??? Goes away by the magic oil fairy?

Ever heard of an Eteck motor? They are used in boats... its a 2 stroke motor that runs cleaner than any 4 stroke motor... 2 strokes wont ever go totally away....[/b]
in sleds they will be phased out, slowly but surely. if it was possible to keep the 2 strokes dont you think polaris and arctic cat would??

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
in sleds they will be phased out, slowly but surely. if it was possible to keep the 2 strokes dont you think polaris and arctic cat would??[/b]
It seems to me that both Polaris and Arctic Cat are keeping 2 strokes. BRP too of course.
Only Yamaha has given up on 2 strokers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
plenty of spots have snow in australia. There is around 10 different ski resorts in NSW and victoria. I live in fallscreek in vic and its a fairly big resort.But yes its down south also tassie has snow too.
We get snow from june till late october and somtimes in december.

cheers ,
niko.

·
Registered
19 Posts
in sleds they will be phased out, slowly but surely. if it was possible to keep the 2 strokes dont you think polaris and arctic cat would??[/b]

There is one reason why there will never be a full fledged takeover by 4 stroke motors.... That reason is Sno-Cross.... Those guys will never settle for trying to race tanks... look at Robbie and his debacle at yammie... look at all the money they through at him... It only took him 1 year to wise up and go back toward the light....

So if your trying to speculate that there will be some 4 stroke take over... good luck... it aint gonna happen...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys the 2005/06 polaris 900 RMK 159" is it a four stroke motor? also whats its out put in HP?

cheers ,
niko,[/b]

The 900 isnt a 4 stroke............. and it has about 150 HP

Ok since this seems to be VERY Hard for you (couldnt you just look at the website) ill break it down for you real easily....

Polaris... (FOR 2008) Before this there was the FS and FST....

4 Stroke sleds.....

Tubro DRAGON....

Turbo Switchback....

IQ Turbo LX

FS....

FST... With a couple differnt tourning models...

Yamaha.....

Pick and choose... Every model they have is 4 stroke...

CAT...

Jaguar Z1....

TZ1....

TZ1 LXR....

Bear Cat WT 660....

Bear Cat WT 660 Turbo....

Bear Cat WT 660 Turbo Articulating....

Skidoo...

Legend...

Skandic...

Expadition?....

So it turn these are the 4 stroke sleds for 08... Now some models may have been dropped or added by all of the manufacter's but at least this should give you some idea... Also instead of asking if ever sled you run across is a 4 stroke... do a little research first... its not entirely that hard to find out...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
There is one reason why there will never be a full fledged takeover by 4 stroke motors.... That reason is Sno-Cross.... Those guys will never settle for trying to race tanks... look at Robbie and his debacle at yammie... look at all the money they through at him... It only took him 1 year to wise up and go back toward the light....

So if your trying to speculate that there will be some 4 stroke take over... good luck... it aint gonna happen...[/b]
the snocrossers will run what the factory tells them to run or they wont race.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts