Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone clarify if a SWITCHBACK can add an additional seat to make it a two-up, similar to skidoo?

If so, is made by POLARIS or who?
If not, does POLARIS make a sled that this can be done?

Your help is appreciated !! :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Look at the IQ Touring, and IQ Cuiser, they are 2 up sleds that have a removable rear seat.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I was told almost all Polaris sleds can be converted to a 2up. There's an '05 Fusion 900 riding around here that has the second seat installed. I've had dad on the back of my sled, it handled better than the Touring Deluxe I used to have. As for Ski-doo, have you seen the mod with the 2up seat? They're all over the trail. No handle at all if it wasn't originally designed for the 2up option. Either that or they forgot to adjust their suspension for the second person :bash:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I tried to add a two up seat to my 99 700SKS but was told that do to the airbox on the 700 a two up seat was not available.

I ended up going with a Seat Jack. Take a look at http://www.industriesjack.com/PAGES_PRODUI...s_en_flash.html

They list one for models RMK, Switchback and Fusion from 2005 up to presently.

You have to install a track onto your tunnel, they simply bolt on, then the seat slides on and off when you want it.

The also make a rack that slides on when not using the seat.

I bought my seat online from Royal Distributing and my rack on eBay. The seat was around $400 CDN. Just to compare I paid over $600 for the 1+1 seat from Skidoo for my GSX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts