Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen lots of pics from of old sleds that have had the tunnel and other chrome or chrome like stuff polished...i want to polish mine...what do you use?..the ones i have seen look realy good

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Originally posted by willysmooo@Apr 29 2005, 05:22 PM
i have seen lots of pics from of old sleds that have had the tunnel and other chrome or chrome like stuff polished...i want to polish mine...what do you use?..the ones i have seen look realy good
[snapback]419286[/snapback]​
MOTHERS :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
I completely dismantled my 72 Panther and used some Westly's Bleach White. It's an acid based cleaner. I also used super fine steel wool for polishing. The steel wool works excellent on chrome bumpers that have a little rust on them. After cleaning the tunnel and bulkhead, I used Mother's polish and it looked real nice.

D

·
Registered
155 Posts
I never tried it but, many sled restorers use dry flour to get the mirror finish on aluminum tunnels.

Tom

·
Registered
211 Posts
First I use NEVR-DULL (Magic Wadding Polish) available at most ACE hardware stores,then Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish .I have also had good results with Eagle One Billet Aluminum Polish . The more You rub
the more they shine. A 6 pack Job. Trooper

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone....i actually have heard good things about the never dull...i will post some before and after pics..when i do it..so you can all see how you have impacted my old sleds life!!lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts