Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got both my sleds polished up and waxed now, almost ready for winter. I also removed a bunch of the factory stickers. Gonna paint the screens on the gade and maybe a few other little mods to keep lookin' good.

What does everybody else here do in the summer months?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
alot of hard work put into those......Well Done !

Nice looking machines
:thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not done yet......... I'm thinking I might go with the black & red theme on the gade - similar to the 2007 Mach Z. I'll need a red skid plate, screens, idlers, & springs. - still deciding though.

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
What aluminum polish did you use? I use "NeverDull" on my running boards. Looks great!
Richard

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
very nice I'm going to try that too.

Rick

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Mothers Billet polish & elbow grease followed by a lint free rag and some all purpose flour to remove the black residue.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
flour? please advise.[/b]
After you get the black residue from polishing, dip another cloth in a little flour and it will make removing the black residue very easy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
wow!!!...look at that shine!!!...those look great...i got alot of work to catch up.....lol......oh and the secret ingredient.........drum roll please......ELBOW GREASE!!!....lol....yeah i know....not funny....i tryed....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks good, what kind of wax did u use on the chrome?[/b]
that would be mothers aluminum polish

After you get the black residue from polishing, dip another cloth in a little flour and it will make removing the black residue very easy.[/b]
hmmm, sure now you tell me - LOL. Lots of elbow grease gets it done too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got both my sleds polished up and waxed now, almost ready for winter. I also removed a bunch of the factory stickers. Gonna paint the screens on the gade and maybe a few other little mods to keep lookin' good.[/b]
Gott'er done. Painted the screens and added a yellow skid plate.
[attachment=37863:August_project_006.jpg]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Gott'er done. Painted the screens and added a yellow skid plate.[/b]
Very Very Nice ! defenitely and eye catcher and your work paid off. I would feel so good about that sled if I were you ! Sharp ! Your painted screens and yellow skid plate set that shine right off. Well Done ! Can I ride it? lol

Snow4

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Very nice!! Thanks for the flour tip, will definetly be giving that a try!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts