Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for areas around Port Huron to ride in tomorrow as they have a big storm hitting them. State land and other land????
Caleb

A

·
0 Posts
You had good luck in your neighborhood this morning, stick with it. ha ha :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Caleb, just called the State Game Area, no sleds allowed on any State land in PH the guy said. He said our only chance is permission from a private land owner . . . Hopefully someone will give us some good info here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've lived in Port Huron area for many years and sadly can say there are no trails worthwhile. There are a couple areas where u can get off road but u become bored within a few minutes as they are small. Around here, we ride side roads in the country and usually the sheriff doesnt bother but people will call and complain if you get on their land. Ive tried farmer fields way out in bfe and still been chased off. One time out in Ruby we cut across the front of peoples yards to avoid driving on a bare road. We were hundred feet from the houses, were careful not to chew the yards up and yet one of the homeowners (older woman) chased us down and #####ed us out as we stopped at a restaurant in Wadhams. We got the "you snowmobilers" speech!

Another outlet is riding the black river but we are weeks away from that.

Sorry but sledding sucks around here. SWRules

SWRules

·
Registered
215 Posts
I read an article in the Oakland Press the other day and they said that the bar/resturant by the name of the Tally-Ho Inn was a popular snowmobiler stop over. I believe they said it was near Lakeport or Fort Gratiot.
I can't seem to find anyplace these people would be riding other than maybe a short putts from their house.

On a brighter note. I have riden at the Bald Mtn. Rec. area.
It is legal to ride (on posted, non-groomed snowmobile trails) as long as there are 4" or more.

You can also ride at Island Lake Rec. area which has a much larger boundry and a 14 mile loop, plus an old gravel pit area with many hills to play on. Same deal there, 4" or more.

Either way, it's a great way to kill a few hours if you can;t get up north.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts