Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets see those sleds heres mine any suggestions on suspension upgrades would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[attachment=34246:HPIM0611.jpg]I've got an 86 trail that i put the rear torque arm and torsion springs from a 91 rxl in the rear along wwith a fresh fox shock, and that made the world of difference. gained a couple of inches travel and i only bottom out on jumps now. cheap upgrade. next i want to widen the ski stance and put new front shocks/springs in.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have any of you ever tried a new style hood on your sleds like say from a 95 indy storm or xlt this would still be a standard chassis indy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet i plan on tearing her apart this year adding a new style hood and also i dunno if its been done but i think i could use a Xtra-12 suspension upgrade if its possible

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sweet i plan on tearing her apart this year adding a new style hood and also i dunno if its been done but i think i could use a Xtra-12 suspension upgrade if its possible[/b]

If you add extra 12 in the rear you will also need to upgrade the front. The standard indy front end sits too low to have a long travel in the rear.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the thing is the sway bar in the front suspension on the txl chassis is different from lets say a 95 indy storm chassis perhaps i should just get a new chassis and switch everything over?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts