Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your Sled pictures here!
Here's my 1999 V Max 500 deluxe (ES+Reverse)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the Phazer's dash, these miles (trip meter) were put on this year, same with the v max

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I see the reg. sticker on the Phazer (my favourite colours)
, but where is the sticker on the VMAX?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
steve,
 doesn't look like alot of miles in monroe this year for you. i used to go to a duck hunters flea market in monroe for years about the second weekend in september, do you know if it is still on ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
This is right after a good storm, Actually, it was still snowing coming up the mountain. That powder is from plowing thru the snow! It Wasn't stacked on there! I am sitting on the blue Mountain Max if you can tell what it is, Photo taken Jan.29,02

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i used to go to a duck hunters flea market in monroe for years about the second weekend in september, do you know if it is still on ?[/b][/quote]

Paul, if it was at the Flea Market in Dundee, I think it's still on, though I haven't been to one of those in years.
And yes, not many miles down here, about 2 weekend trips up to Lewiston, but nothing too big.

Revrnd, I think I took the legal stickers off that sled, or I may have forgot to put them on (oops)

I look forward to NEXT season, mainly because I am thinking about studs for the phazer, (I have a cottage on Saginaw Bay, but but the ice wasn't good this year)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I forgot, Cabelas is near that flea market, I know they have nearly everything for hunting.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
This is off topic, but ever since the mention of Monroe, I was going to post a message about driving thru there on the way to MIS. I've been to Cabelas a few times since it opened  

Paul, if you're still into the hunting, check it out. You'll be like a little kid at Santa's workshop.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
guys i have been to cabelas and they send me the catolague evey year. the flea market is just outside monroe and we stay in monroe at the holiday inn or across the road at the place i forget the name. what a hoot sitting at the bar with over 100 people blowing duck and goose calls.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Engine has titanium rods, external timing adjustment,
220 lbs of comp., cust. oversized cyl studs and head plates.
49.5mm race fuel carbs, 44mm alcohol carbs.
Switch carbs, adjust the timing and run alcohol in open fuel.
Sled has titanium drive shaft, jackshaft, removed all the steel front half of the sled and made a cust alum. front end.
Cust brace that runs on the OUTSIDE of the clutchs to keep center to center on.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
That is one wicked looking toy. Oh yeah, that arctic cat Z hood you have hanging on the wall, do you have the rest of the machine to go with it? I am lookin for one right now and am trying to contact the guy I sold the one I had to, to try and buy it back!

Last edited by Snow Monkey at April 07, 2002, 7:32pm

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome sled toydoc!  The stock suspension was about that low, wasn't it?  I had a 81 enticer 300 that had that frame, not a bad sled, but if you were to hit any bumps, you'd feel it! When did you aquire that sled?  And for how much?

·
Registered
731 Posts
snow monkey, the 76 Z is about 50% done. Hood has to go to the body shop yet, engine, rear skid, pipes, are all done. It will be the yard sled for the kids, I will have about the same $ in it as a new 120cc sled would cost me and I can ride it.
Steve, the sled was built by Jim Zweng, as for cost it was only one bag of money  

It did come with a hood mold so I can make my own, also a jig so you can stamp your own track cleats, a jig for building crank shafts, he did't like factory cranks so he built his own from factory parts, he has $3000 just in the crank on this sled and he did most all the work. The rear skid is at about stock, but the front is about a inch off the ice.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts