Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would win in a drag race, a stock ZRT 600, or Powder Special 600 EFI? It would be races on decently packed snow. On average which would win a triple or twin with the same CC's? What is a triple better for top speed or acceleration? At what point would the PS win (shorter distances or longer distances)? At which point would the ZRT win (shorter distances or longer distances)? THANX

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the Powder special would win a shorter drag scince its a twinn and is lighter than the Zrt. If you were doing a fairly long drag than the zrt might catch up and it would be close.

·
Registered
7 Posts
98% of the time the ZRT 600'S would take a PC 600. Don't quote me on this, but the '96 ZRT had just over a 120 hp while the '97 and '98 had 115-118 horse. Theoretically, a ZRT 600 should beat the PC 600 EFI in a drag race. Also, good clutching is imperative for efficient power transfer. Many times, smaller displacement sled will outperform larger displacement sled if clutched and geared properly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the efi zr beats the zrt that means there is something wrong with the zrt..I had a 97 that made 120 horse, why does the 96 make more power?

S

·
0 Posts
I'll have to agree with Chet on this one. The PS will win the shorter race but the zrt will catch up and pass after a distance.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Powder special was lucky to have 105 hp - zrt 120 hp and zrt is only 20 lbs heavier if that..once zrt hooks up..no contest

·
Registered
15 Posts
we own a '96 zrt 600 and a '98 zr 600 EFI, and when we race them, there is no contest. the zr takes the early lead for about 20 or 30 feet, but when the midrange on the triple kicks in, there's no contest, the zrt leaves the zr in a powder cloud by a long shot. I expect the same would happen with a powder special. my zrt is the oldest sled we own and it breaks down a lot, but I woulden't trade it for anything in the world. :inlove:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts