Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ive been reading a lot of posts on clutching / gearing. my question is how can i find my peak hp to rpm is? In theory you want to keep the rpm where you make the most power . But what rpm is that. I ride a 1999 mxz 600 that is pretty much stock except for some new delta v force reeds which im about to install. i have a 1.25 ripsaw w/ 96 picks. I want to start fooling with my clutching / gearing to try and learn something new. any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks. p.s sled is a dog off the line but has awesome midrange with top speed around 100

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
the only true way to find hp peak, is to put it on a dyno and see where its at. however I do think Joes info is all you need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys ive been reading a lot of posts on clutching / gearing. my question is how can i find my peak hp to rpm is? In theory you want to keep the rpm where you make the most power . But what rpm is that. I ride a 1999 mxz 600 that is pretty much stock except for some new delta v force reeds which im about to install. i have a 1.25 ripsaw w/ 96 picks. I want to start fooling with my clutching / gearing to try and learn something new. any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks. p.s sled is a dog off the line but has awesome midrange with top speed around 100[/b]
sled doesnt really bog i just dont think it has the take of that it should . i get beat for about 40- 50 ft by alot of sleds.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
sled doesnt really bog i just dont think it has the take of that it should . i get beat for about 40- 50 ft by alot of sleds.[/b]
did you follow instructions on joes deflection link?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts