Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been talked about before. I know it can be done, but I've never been able to find out exactly what I need to do it. I've asked at GPSCity, GPSCentral, and at The Source. No luck.
I have a power chord to run the thing in my truck, but, of course, there's no 12v outlet on the Dragon.
Specifics and photos would be great.
Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Im in the same perdictament as you are. Heres what I have been told. Some people run it right of your accessory adaptor. The one that is also your your heated shield. Other people say that they have spliced it right into their lights...... this i am not real sure about. I bought the cable from garmin.com. It was 20 bucks give or take. If you call garmin they can answer your questions over the phone. Im sure im going to have to call them when my cable gets in....

Sorry for no help... but i will continue to watch this post so i also can figure out the question to our problem :blahblah:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm sure this has been talked about before. I know it can be done, but I've never been able to find out exactly what I need to do it. I've asked at GPSCity, GPSCentral, and at The Source. No luck.
I have a power chord to run the thing in my truck, but, of course, there's no 12v outlet on the Dragon.
Specifics and photos would be great.
Thanks.[/b]
Check with your dealer...many of the newer non-battery equiped sleds have a DC accessory lead you can tap for powering 12vdc accessories. If your sled doesn't have DC power get the appropriate adapter.

·
Tragically Hip-OSA
5,007 Posts
Newfie, I had my dealer install a 12v outlet on my sled last year for my Garmin eTrex Legend C. Works great!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I saw something about an adapter with a little gell cell battery in line for about 50 bucks. I don't remember if I saw it here, on arctic chat or HCS... i'll see if I can locate it.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check with your dealer...many of the newer non-battery equiped sleds have a DC accessory lead you can tap for powering 12vdc accessories. If your sled doesn't have DC power get the appropriate adapter.

[/b]
Hi rws, I assume that's straight out of the Polaris accessories catalog? That's cool, it will make things very easy.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Obviously the factory 12 volt DC converter is the way to go but if that's not an option for others,
Snobunje sells a kit that includes a small battery and a lighter style accessory plug.
It's powered through your sleds power supply.
I think that's the kit that Joezr2 is referring to.

Here's a link.

http://snobunje.com/store.php?crn=72&r...ion=show_detail

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your GPS requires D.C to operate, your sled produces A.C[/b]
Could you just wire in a 12V too the battery? Of course, that's not usualyl water proof, so you could possible use a powerlet adapter.

I've seen 12V adapters that have water tight connections, they just got a little bit more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts