Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody here know where to send a pps shock to have it converted to a clicker style.i also am wondering about having my jugs on my 02 800 edge trail ported.i hate being beat by my buddys 2000 700 sks.any opinions on the amount of power gain is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
the pps shock is made for trail riding. if you want a clicker for larger bumps i suggest you get a different shock all together. there is no conversion i know of.
far as the porting, bored carbs, slp single, flannery porting and my xc8 was a ROCKET. 20-25 real hp gains with porting and slp pipe.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Xltier, don't you spend some time at another, maybe much bigger forum? Have you seen the recent talk about clutching for mostly stock XC8s? I would really like to believe that if your sled were set up properly, you should shave no problem handling an 00 SKS. If you can't, your sled just ain't right.

Jerry at JBshocks.com is your man for PPS and PPS clicker conversions.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the shock tips.i have a clicker on it now but its to stiff.its good if your slammin it around,but regular trail riding like loggin roads thru the mountains you dont want your tongue out.yes i have frequented the other site cause i was lookin for tips last season for the same poor performance.you guys helped me get it better with suggestions on valve diaghrams.that got the rpms up where they should be but it has no power over 80mph.ive tried the clutch set up pockets recommended.no help.i just got a vari-jet kit to install.i went down 2 sizes on the jets already.[from factory] aligned clutches,new polaris belt.check timing with itrunning.it starts and goes mint.just no top end power.pulls hard low amd midrange.turnd rite up to 8200 and when the speed starts getting towards8 0-90 it starts falling off in power.rpms hold but doent shift up any higher.i give jb a shout.thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Any black marks on your clutch faces? Is your belt HOT at the end of a 1/4-1/2 mile run? Have you positively verified your belt alignment and the LF motor mount is in good shape?

8200 too high, look for 78-7900. Maybe secondary too stiff.

Edit: sorry, forgot. You probably ended up with a "race" clicker, not the "trail". Just have somebody revalve it for you. You'll love it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any black marks on your clutch faces? Is your belt HOT at the end of a 1/4-1/2 mile run? Have you positively verified your belt alignment and the LF motor mount is in good shape?

8200 too high, look for 78-7900. Maybe secondary too stiff.
Edit: sorry, forgot. You probably ended up with a "race" clicker, not the "trail". Just have somebody revalve it for you. You'll love it.[/b]
i nkow i need to bring it down a bit.that was the ending setup last season.i dont see any black marks.i got 2300 miles on same belt last year and was used then.i tried a new but no change.it doesnt seem to hot to me.i used the tool that u buy to check aligment.and i have one for center to center too.i pryed on the motor with a long bar and coudnt hardly budge it.i could put a new mount in just to be sure.if i send my jugs out,i also was gonna due the bearing kit upgrade to the pto end of the crankshaft.plus just a look over.4200 miles now.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I had the sensor go out on my '01. That's was a pretty dramatic change. If the newer ones act anything like that one did, you won't hardly see 20mph.

A few things I learned after breaking the crank in the '02 late last winter. If you're going to do the crank thing, many (myself included) now believe having the clutch balanced is much more important than installing that bearing. If it's down though, they just aren't that expensive. Make sure of the source for the bearing you buy. I heard that there are low rpm bearings being sold for this application too. Thinking SLP might be a good source? You can do that yourself. Assuming your cases are okay, there's no machine work involved. Just pressing the bearings on and of. Good place for some red loctite - especially bearing to crankcase. . Probably a good time to be doing crank seals too.

Are you using the Team or Poo secondary? What helix/spring?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the sensor go out on my '01. That's was a pretty dramatic change. If the newer ones act anything like that one did, you won't hardly see 20mph.

A few things I learned after breaking the crank in the '02 late last winter. If you're going to do the crank thing, many (myself included) now believe having the clutch balanced is much more important than installing that bearing. If it's down though, they just aren't that expensive. Make sure of the source for the bearing you buy. I heard that there are low rpm bearings being sold for this application too. Thinking SLP might be a good source? You can do that yourself. Assuming your cases are okay, there's no machine work involved. Just pressing the bearings on and of. Good place for some red loctite - especially bearing to crankcase. . Probably a good time to be doing crank seals too.

Are you using the Team or Poo secondary? What helix/spring?[/b]
poo secondary.50-38 helix.cant remember the spring.just read what pockets has to say in hardcore.i have a new clutch this year for e-start.should that be balanced also.slp??

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Xltier, don't you spend some time at another, maybe much bigger forum? Have you seen the recent talk about clutching for mostly stock XC8s? I would really like to believe that if your sled were set up properly, you should shave no problem handling an 00 SKS. If you can't, your sled just ain't right.

Jerry at JBshocks.com is your man for PPS and PPS clicker conversions.[/b]
sorry to tell you this but i have talked to jerry and tried to just get some clickers for myself to use in building custom shocks and he cant get them anymore, either can steve at deycore. Fox stopped selling res with clicker to rebuild so no one can get them anymore, you have to get one off an old shock. i have an extra WE res and can do the converion and jerry at JB may even have one or two around off old shocks but its harder to do this anymore.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I had heard the clickers were getting scarce, but didn't know it had gotten to the point where they weren't available.

For what it cost, and what it can save long term, I'd have the new clutch checked. Micro Belmont here in Mi or SLP.

If you're turning up that many rpm, you could set the spring (whichever one) in a looser hole to lower that rpm. I'll bet that helps break loose a few mph for you. That sled should run 105 without too much trouble.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had heard the clickers were getting scarce, but didn't know it had gotten to the point where they weren't available.

For what it cost, and what it can save long term, I'd have the new clutch checked. Micro Belmont here in Mi or SLP.

If you're turning up that many rpm, you could set the spring (whichever one) in a looser hole to lower that rpm. I'll bet that helps break loose a few mph for you. That sled should run 105 without too much trouble.[/b]
thanks-thhis sled couldnt do 105 downhill with a tail wind.i am gonna try less fuel this year up top.watch the plugs and see.thanks again

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
flannery is in gun lake MI. he builds almost all the soo 500 motors and has an impeccable reputation. my 01 is testament to this. get your rpms down! 'specially for a stocker, load the motor! belmont balances clutches for $50. a must if your looking to make some HP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts