Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just picked up the precision ski kit for my 1997 formula 500, and have some installation questions. First, a new rubber stopper came with the kit. It is not the same as what is currently on the ski leg. I did ensure that the kit was the correct conversion kit for this year and model. Can I use the existing ski leg assembaly? also, the kit came with three different size bushings. I think that I need to use the biggest one, but is this correct? and lastly, a metal spacer bar (cylinder really) came with the kit. I am assuming that this is not needed for installation on a 97 machine, since the ski leg on my sled seems to have a built in spaces on the skileg itself? any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have not seen a kit this year for these, but I know last winter the kits that were shipped for pre zx chassis did not fit. there was the wrong combination of bushings & bolts in the kit to do it. As I recall you need a rubber bumper from a plastic ski, 12mm bolt, & the matching ski bracket bushings. Your spindle bushings stay original.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, one other question, the skis on my 1997 form 500 actually lean in, in other words the outside of the ski sits up higer of the ground then the inside. The radius rods do not appear to be adjustable. Is there a way to adjust this so that the ski sits flat on the ground?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Its very possible that sled came with non adjustable radius rods. you could upgrade to adj's from a number of aftermarket co's. did you look on the inside of the rod that is where the adj. joint is sometimes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked, the radius rods are not ajustable, however, the bottom rod, can be possitioned into one of two locations. the ski leg actually has two holes which accept this rod. I think if I move the rod to the lower possition (currently in upper hole), it should pull the outside of the ski downward, thus correcting the situation. Can anyone verify this? Are there any issues with utilizing the lower position? Thanks.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there will be binding in this position if you move it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts