Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that they have been out for a year and real world riders have put miles on them.... I was wondering if putting the precision skis on my 99 FZ 670 is worth the money. Are they that much better then the plastic flex skis I have now?
Anybody actually do this upgrade on a "s" chassis?
I would call my riding style mildly aggressive. By now means am I a flat out ditch banger...and  not breaking trail in deep powder. Not that I wouldn't mind it Just don't get that here in western mass/southern vermont. just looking for a little less darting and more control while cruising at moderate trail speeds on all trail conditions.
Thanks
Rubber side Down

·
Registered
858 Posts
If you want to get rid of the darting, get the bombardier proactive controle system (or something like that). Those are 20 $ plastic things that you screw under the skis and stop darting. They work really well, no darting on my mxz or my bro's stx with ski flex.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I agree with AC 100%.

My brother bought a '01 Formula Deluxe this season and I found his didn't dart like my '01 MXZ Trail. I said to him that I'd buy a pair of the PCS skis then sell them to him when I got rid of my sled. He said don't bother, just go with the "tuning forks". I didn't realize his sled came with them. Put them on mine and I'm quite happy with the handling. I run Woody's Trailblazer IVs on the skis.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My buddy has a 99 FZ670 with the Controls....and it still darts some. The precisions ski's are awesome I have two MXZ's in our group an 01' and an 02' and there is no comparison, the 02' goes STRAIGHT they are awesome, and IMO would be worth the money if you are hanging on to the sled for a while.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I guess that's what it boils down to. The 30 bucks CDN cured my complaint, so why spend the extra cash? I'm only keeping the sled one more year and the Flex-skis are still in good shape.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Theres no comparison.  The persision skis rule.  They do more then just stop darting.  They bite harder in the turns.  They give you more skistance they give you confidence in the corners.

They are a big improvment on any sled.  

If you have the money and your considering keeping the sled for a few years this is what you want.

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Machzzzz1 @ April 04, 2002, 4:14pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They are a big improvment on any sled.[/b][/quote]
Did you put them on your CK3?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I agree machzzzz1 ther is no comparo between the 2. I had the flex skiis for 4 years on different machines with and without the the proactive control.  The precisions are far superior in every way.  I cannot go without them now. They even work great on water. I logged in over 30 kms of water running on the last trip.  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Maluchm:

Yes I did put them on my CK3.  Big Improvments.  I can go into the corners much faster with out worry of sliding of the side.

It totally eliminates darting and more importently for the ck3 the push in the corner.  Now it just digs in and goes around.  Before i would have the bars fully turned and it would slide forward.  I felt very uneasy going into corners like that but now with the persisions i can hit the corners hard.  

What makes the ck3 so good is the way it corners flat.  My friend on his Zx gets skilift when he hit a corner as hard as i do and I stay planted.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Machzzzz1 - While playing around in northern Ontarion a few
weeks back I noticed that my FIII didn't really plow in the
corners but instead it would corner flat but the inside ski
would sudenly come flying up and I would have to litteraly
fight the machine through the corners. This was while doing
just a little:devil:eek:ver the speed limit. I guess it has a
little push then it would catch and carve like crazy and
that's what was making the inside ski lift ubruptly. I don't
have stock ski, I'v e got the SLP Ultr lites.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I was noticing that a little bit but I never really drove a F-111 to the point i could figure out how it handled.  But on my Mach i was going around the corner and it would push and then the ski would catch somthing and almost cause me to lose control.  I was not happy with that kind of handling.

The persison skis give you about 2 inchs more skistance but when you go into a corner what you see is what you get.  There are no supprises.  As your cornering you can just put as much of a turn as you want and it turns.  If you overturn you might flip the sled but at least you have a feel for the turn your not waiting for that big jolt.  Also i have never had a skilift problem with this ski.

My buddy with his mxz 800 has trouble following me in the corners.  He can do it and he will eventually pass me.  But he always comments on how much of an improvment i had when i made the switch from pro-flex to persision.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Considering the fact that I am keepin my ride for awhile and I have heard such good things about Precision skis from doo they are lookin real good to me. I know I have heard that Doo has come out with a conversion kit for the other 3 brands for their precision skis. Has anyone else heard or seen this? I would sure like to try a set and if i don't like em I know someone who wants them. Let me know if you have heard anything
                      Thank you, Thank you very much

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Yes you heard right Snow monkey.  Mounting kits will be available next fall for all of the other 3 manufacturers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts