Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using this track? Want to stud it with 144+ down the middle for my 01 mxzx800. Would probably go double backer for stud rigidity. How is the track on packed trails? It seems like this track is the closest to a paddle/full block that they make. Is this correct or any suggestions? The price is great right now on tracksusa.com.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have the track and love it. I really bites on hard packed trail. It does suck on ice but thats to be expected since I don't have any studs. I have 1000 miles on it and it is showing some wear on the tips of the lugs but its not bad especially in the marginal snow conditions I had to ride in. All in all I would definately reccomend it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I recall a post on (edit) and one chap who had tried most of the 1.25" tracks recommended the 9818.  It was slightly slower in a short drag compared to the finger tracks but much faster on top.

Last edited by Rocketman at Aug. 28, 2002, 1:45pm

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
yes ryan does run the track and I will say this it hooks well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the replies. Much more interested in hookup rather than top speed. Studding anyhow, so losing top there too. I think this is the track for my 800. What is correct stud length for this track and my sled(01 800x)? Do not want to take chances with tearing exchangers.

·
Registered
556 Posts
vtjq  I also have this track on my 01 800. Go with 96 1.375 down the middle, you already have alot of wind deflection with the 1.25 track no need in turning more weight than you have to, it will hook just fine.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speed, Does the 96 pattern avoid the exchangers and do I need to do anything to protect the tunnel? I assume you can adapt the paatern because I plan on using double backers.Wow! 1.375 is a dagger! I would make an OJ joke but it is too early for that.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
speeds set-up is the same as my dealers shop sled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts